Quantcast

Lil Manimal's Continued Path to Global Domination

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I decided to shoot Manimal and Lil' Manimal for a recent photography class assignment. At least one of the shots will end up in a pretty prominent local gallery called the Sawtooth Center. They were all shot with 400 ISO B&W film, and developed and enlarged by me. They didnt scan super well, but they still look pretty good.

Getting ready at the Manimal-Mobile

Awwww....how cute. I promise you I didnt set this one up, its a genuine, candid moment. (this will probably end up in the gallery)

This is probably what you wanted to see:

R

richcreek

cool, nice demo, nice pictures. he is on his way to Global Domination

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
WOW! great shots Alex! i'm sure noah will be stoked to see these when he gets home from school. i hope you get an A on this project :thumb:

You're a very rich man Manimal.
c'mon now...that demo isn't THAT expensive :D ;)
thanks, i consider myself very blessed to be able to share my passion for riding with my son. that feeling my change in a few years when he's kicking my butt ;)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
good stuff and good shots... you captured the moment well. what film was it? and what cam set up were you using? did you use any filters during enlargement?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Those are really great photos, I love the second one.

If you haven't already you NEED to enter that in the NSMB photo contest. It is open to any photos taken by amateurs that contains mountain bike content.

http://nsmb.com/shore_news/moneyshot_01_06.php

You can win some cool stuff and it would be a great way to get your name out there. You should check out the rules on published work though, just in case.

I must say that Lil' Manimal is one of the coolest aspects of this website.

The Ito

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ito said:
i agree fully.
when ever i say outloud, "here's more photos of noah."
people gather round.(and these aren't even bike riders.)

i think he's a bigger hit than his father realizes.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Jeremy R said:
Nice.

Damn Manimal,
Hauling that Demo around is slimming you up!
yeah, that and eating about 1/3 of what i used to eat :nuts: :oink: :D

i'm hoping that, by mid-summer, people that don't know me will cock their head in confusion when my friends call me "tubby" :D

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
brungeman said:
good stuff and good shots... you captured the moment well. what film was it? and what cam set up were you using? did you use any filters during enlargement?
Its ISO 400 tri-x I think. My teacher rolls them from a bulk reel and I'm pretty sure she's using tri-x. I shot it with a Canon Rebel T2, and didnt use any filters. In fact i didnt do anything during enlargement. I just did my test strips, and printed them. They came out just as you see them on the first enlargement, hell I didnt even have to photochop out dust spots (Im not saying this to brag, its just never happened so smooth for me before)
BigMike said:
did you put your name in them once you scanned them, or do you have that as a cutout and put it on your paper when you are enlarging?
Its photoshoped in
ito said:
Those are really great photos, I love the second one.

If you haven't already you NEED to enter that in the NSMB photo contest. It is open to any photos taken by amateurs that contains mountain bike content.

http://nsmb.com/shore_news/moneyshot_01_06.php

You can win some cool stuff and it would be a great way to get your name out there. You should check out the rules on published work though, just in case.

The Ito
I hadnt even thought about that. Thanks for the idea, I have been watching the contest, but never thought about entering, thanks!

And, yes Lil' Manimal is definetly one of my favorite riders.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
escapeartist said:
Its ISO 400 tri-x I think. My teacher rolls them from a bulk reel and I'm pretty sure she's using tri-x. I shot it with a Canon Rebel T2, and didnt use any filters. In fact i didnt do anything during enlargement. I just did my test strips, and printed them. They came out just as you see them on the first enlargement, hell I didnt even have to photochop out dust spots (Im not saying this to brag, its just never happened so smooth for me before)

Its photoshoped in

I hadnt even thought about that. Thanks for the idea, I have been watching the contest, but never thought about entering, thanks!

And, yes Lil' Manimal is definetly one of my favorite riders.
That is great! it is super cool to see that first print of the new roll start to develop in the tray... super rewarding... your contrast is pretty high and real good for printing without a filter. you really captured light well! congrats on a good job you'd score well in my class with those!!! Tri-x is what I teach with... good all around...
nice job!!!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
manimal said:
WOW! great shots Alex! i'm sure noah will be stoked to see these when he gets home from school. i hope you get an A on this project :thumb:

c'mon now...that demo isn't THAT expensive :D ;)
thanks, i consider myself very blessed to be able to share my passion for riding with my son. that feeling my change in a few years when he's kicking my butt ;)

umm...doood
we didn't want to say anything, but since you brought it up, he's spankin' yo ass. (on a sliding scale that is)

seriously though i can't imagine its going to be long before he is doing retarded shizzle. :thumb:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
brungeman said:
That is great! it is super cool to see that first print of the new roll start to develop in the tray... super rewarding... your contrast is pretty high and real good for printing without a filter. you really captured light well! congrats on a good job you'd score well in my class with those!!! Tri-x is what I teach with... good all around...
nice job!!!
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the props. This is probably the most rewarding shoot I've done so far. Its sooooo awesome to have everything come out in the print just like it was in your head. Makes me stoked to go out and shoot more!