Quantcast

Link to new JeffCo proposed North Table Mountain usage proposal

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
there was no mtb representation at the initial meeting. jeffco made a stab at this from what I understand. If you don't like it, then get involved.

mtbdirteater

Chimp
Oct 19, 2003
over the rear tire
Ascentrek said:
there was no mtb representation at the initial meeting. jeffco made a stab at this from what I understand.
Actually there was representation at that meeting, I have met with and discussed this with all parties involved and reviewed the notes, but nothing was decided about the Reynolds closure at that meeting, then JeffCo did that on their own afterwards. We have had several lengthly and intense discussions about this and other matters, at every meeting since.

Ascentrek said:
If you don't like it, then get involved.
I did, I'm a biker representative on the Trail Task Force. I put the map out for input. Thanks for evereyone's input. You know I don't support any trail closure or restriction that segregates and descriminates against users. We have a lot of work to do before the next meeting in six months, and we have already started. Part of what I do is disseminate and provide information, so I'll keep passing it along and collecting unput as we work toward solving trail use problems rather than eliminating user group's access.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
mtbdirteater said:
Actually there was representation at that meeting,<snip>

I did, I'm a biker representative on the Trail Task Force. <snip> as we work toward solving trail use problems rather than eliminating user group's access.
Thanks for representing us - do you have contact information for representatives responsible for making Open Space decisions such as these? I'd like to put together some letters and make some phone calls to voice my concerns with these proposed plans.

-S.S.-

mtbdirteater

Chimp
Oct 19, 2003
over the rear tire
SkaredShtles said:
Thanks for representing us - do you have contact information for representatives responsible for making Open Space decisions such as these? I'd like to put together some letters and make some phone calls to voice my concerns with these proposed plans.

-S.S.-
One good way to start here, would be to post our views and opinions here and elsewhere that we discuss this, it will generate more comment and feedback this way, and we can build on good ideas.

That was a JeffCo proposal, not a management plan yet, and the park was no date for completion yet. Your feedback here for this purpose is extremely helpful, we need to know what the mountain bikers as a whole group think and expect. This is very early information, and we are working on a counter-proposal based on their original, that not only builds on it without discriminating against and excluding any trail user group, but addresses the usage issues fairly among groups without creating an undue management burden or alienating anyone involved in the process. It's important to be firm and press forward, without stepping on toes or damaging the credible communication channels that we have built. It's still too early to campaign against something that is just a preliminary proposal, but we are studying it very carefully, preparing our responses and we cannot do this without your input in places such as right here. We need to know what all of us think and expect, so we can channel it to them, that is why I posted the map.

Obviously I have some position of responsibility here where I can't freely distribute all the contact information for everyone at JeffCo and still retain a good report with these people, but much of the contact info that you seek is available on their website. Having said this, I'm still going to suggest that the best course of action right now is to channel your input and feedback through your Trail Task Force biker representatives, that's one reason why we are here. We have open dialog and channels of communication with them, so they listen (though not necessarily act) on our input. This is a more direct and more efficient method to get through to them, however, when we see that it is important and necessary to inform and ask all of us to show our individual views or voice our opinions by multiple and separate means of correspondence, we will put the word out and encourage this. It's a system. General public letter and inquiries sometimes go unnoticed and unread, whereas we are here to funnel the pulse and views of the mountain biker user group to them as a whole, at the same table in the same room, which as a unified and organized group, we generally have more success getting our message across and understood.

And there are public seating areas for trail users at the semi-annual meetings, and that is the time to show up and support. You can do no harm if you show up unified and organized as supporters and observers. Keep in mind though, any type of protest in a meeting or otherwise will cause them to turn a deaf ear or defuse a disruption. When we present problems to them as concerns, we like to have solutions and supporting documentation to present along with them so we have a plan of action that we can do something tangible with, not just a voice complaint.

Post it here. Keep in mind that they have and can read this too. Your input is what this is all about. Tell us and let's build on it.