Quantcast

List of ALL Lift and Shuttle Served DH Spots

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
Do you know if there a way to make your/google maps modifiable by the public or at least a select group? I would help you out, but I dont know how to add a location to your map(I assume it is private to you're google and then savable in its current state)....???

Integrating software upgrades/changes made my multiple persons is a PITA..

Maybe a google group? A Wiki? Just sort of thinking out loud....
I agree totally. You can click the EDIT button then select Collaborate, after that choose allow the public to modify. If it gets out of hand then you can close it up!

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
Is there a way you can upload a file to Google Maps so that others can download it and it be a guide to what is where. And with that you can have links to where the website is or who to contact. The hours of the resort or shuttles. Maybe an insight to what the riding may be like and what bike to bring. And maybe current weather and forecast for the area?? HMMMmmmmm.....:lighten:

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
I would have included Tamarack in my post; but the last info I had is that the developer is in receivership and it's all circling the drain. Don't count on there being anything there this summer.
There will be trails. Just no lift access. Walking and sessioning bigger stuff yet to be discovered might be kinda fun. I know someone with direct access to whats going on with tamarack. Maybe I'll throw some ideas his way to rebuild the park without running lifts, and only trucks on the roads. But let the riders built what they want.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Lets get some more Euro action on the go here:

UK:
Ft William (chairlift)
Glencoe (chairlift)
Ae forest
Innerleithen
Cwmcarn

Europe:
Portes du Soleil (the whole area, Les Gets, Morzine, Chatel, etc)
Pila
Les Arcs
Les Deux Alpes
Malaga (shuttles)
Are
Granada (shuttles)

and probably a load more I cant think of right now (post bacon lull)

bent_steel

Monkey
Jun 19, 2007
South
Doubt anyone ever ends up looking for places in Arkansas, but;

Devils Den State Park- Fayetteville,Arkansas

Shuttle road is smooth, about a 5 min run with about 4 trail options.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
damn this thread blew up after i forgot about it. I also think it should be sticky, at least until the list gets even more comprehensive.

the amount of spots amazes me.

Eventually (few years maybe) I will use this map to determine where I live next.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'd love a worldwide list of bike parks with lift access only. Shuttleable tracks add too many to the list.

Lift access parks in Australia are Mt Buller and Thredbo.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Why did someone put Bootleg Canyon in north-eastern AZ?

Also - Mt. Washington Victoria needs to be added.

Last edited:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Hey guys checking in on this. It looks like lots of good stuff has been added, yet somehow Europe seems sparse. Someone of our euro monkeys need to get on that :)

-Kurt

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
Ok, here's a few Scandinavian parks with lift access:

Sweden:
Åre, www.arebikepark.com – biggest park in northern Europe with 4 lifts, 30+ trails and 3 000 feet vertical. Singletrack heaven. Great bike town.
Järvsö, www.jarvsobergscykelpark.se – built by Gravity Logic. Small but sweet, 3 hrs north of Stockholm.
Gesunda, www.gesunda.com

Norway:
Hafjell, www.hafjellbikepark.com – great park with 2 lifts, 15 trails. The machined trails are out of this world.
Oppdal, www.oppdalbooking.no
Aronsloypa, Drammen, www.drammen-skisenter.no. 30 mins from Oslo.

I'll add more later.

Last edited:

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Ok, here's a few Scandinavian parks with lift access:

Sweden:
Åre, www.arebikepark.com – biggest park in northern Europe with 4 lifts, 30+ trails and 3 000 feet vertical. Singletrack heaven. Great bike town.
Järvsö, www.jarvsobergscykelpark.se – built by Gravity Logic. Small but sweet, 3 hrs north of Stockholm.
Gesunda, www.gesundaberget.se

Norway:
Hafjell, www.hafjellbikepark.com – great park with 2 lifts, 15 trails. The machined trails are out of this world.
Oppdal, www.oppdalbooking.no

I'll add more later.
This is the best thing I have read in a month! :thumb: