Quantcast

Little Monkeys

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
The trailer might be a good idea, but I worried about shock absorption and not being able to see if she was getting fussy. The only trailers with suspension were the chariot brand, which is now part of another brand (can't remember which). I wouldn't worry about the shocks once they're a bit older, but early on I wanted a ride that wouldn't be as jarring on the shitty roads around here.
I have one of the trailers for my son and it actually provides a little shock absorption without having actual shocks. The material it's made of has a little give to it so it's not jarring like riding a rigid bike. We've used it for the past two summers and he does fine in it. The only issue we had was that it doesn't have a full supported seat so when he rode in it when it was little (around 1 yr old) he would tend to slouch down after being in it for a while.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Giant Costco bear continues to come in handy:

Context of why I'm in there is 103.x degree fever and a little one who demanded that I stay and snuggle with her.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Cross-posting from my thread:

Baby Yuna turned 2 months old yesterday. Since the white sheet + white onesie + white bear photos were disappointing last time we ventured outside:

Babies don't pose well at this age.

Big sister holding little sister.

The 135/2L remains my favorite lens.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I got mine off the local neighborhood (super active) swap page. I think I got it for $20. Such are the benefits of living in an area with a bunch of yuppies who have kids.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney, is your kid still super tall/big for her age? WNBA future?
Yeah. 99th percentile. She's been tall since day one.

The only sport (to call it that) that she wants to do is ride her Strider. I'm getting her a bike this weekend. Just turned 3 and getting pedals. Not sure if this is ahead of pace or not, but she's getting pretty damn good on the Strider. She'll go 200+ feet on glide.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Our neighbor's kid is 2.75 or so and cruises around on her strider bike. Meanwhile, Mariko largely ignores her bike, and wants us to change it incessantly between two and three wheeled mode, only to abandon it 100 feet later.

It converts:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yikes...I was cut off by offspring of Poopy Pants Cranky!

One more:
#1 son and old dude at least weekend's BMX state qualifier race somewhere in Central NY: 3rd for #1 and 2 for olde dude..

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
hey, any monkeys have a baby carrier backpack they no longer need? looking for something for hiking. frame style model.
Did you find one?! I have a Kelty that I used and is still in good condition. Just pulled it out and was hoping to find a good home....

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Kiddo having fun last night at the final Tuesday race of the season:

EDIT: said dude is also getting into trail riding with BMX friends, though is it weird to see other 8 year olds clipped in on the trail..My unclipped kiddo with baby snake:

Last edited: