Quantcast

Live and Let Die - R.I.P Roger Moore

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Noooooooooo, I loved his era of bond.
I gotta disagree, it got way way out of hand and became more about the jokes and how outrageous it could be.

He was good for the role in many cases, but no love for some of those ridiculous movies. Seems like some kind of cycle though, where the movies would start off decent and then with a few sequels they'd simply be all about the ridiculous gags.

That said, I'd probably give him 3rd best Bond. Supposedly the franchise wanted to get Pierce Brosnan when he was young, but he had just entered into some sort of Magnum Steel contract and was unattainable for years, so they had to settle for old Pierce down the road.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I gotta disagree, it got way way out of hand and became more about the jokes and how outrageous it could be.

He was good for the role in many cases, but no love for some of those ridiculous movies. Seems like some kind of cycle though, where the movies would start off decent and then with a few sequels they'd simply be all about the ridiculous gags.

That said, I'd probably give him 3rd best Bond. Supposedly the franchise wanted to get Pierce Brosnan when he was young, but he had just entered into some sort of Magnum Steel contract and was unattainable for years, so they had to settle for old Pierce down the road.
Funny, I don't like the Brosnan era at all. Not even Halle Berry could make that up. There was too much wrong in that movies. Bond driving a BMW? Come on!
As a kid I loved Moore, simply because the movies were fun and the characters were unrealistic in some way. You always had a good laugh in. He is pretty much some sort of childhood hero for me.

Now I actually enjoy Connery much more.
I also like Daniel Craig. Maybe the movies could be better, but he does a good job.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Funny, I don't like the Brosnan era at all. Not even Halle Berry could make that up. There was too much wrong in that movies. Bond driving a BMW? Come on!
As a kid I loved Moore, simply because the movies were fun and the characters were unrealistic in some way. You always had a good laugh in. He is pretty much some sort of childhood hero for me.

Now I actually enjoy Connery much more.
I also like Daniel Craig. Maybe the movies could be better, but he does a good job.
I wasn't saying that I liked Brosnan, I was saying that the concept was screwed from the start. Brosnan would be 4th or 5th in my book...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The opening of The Spy Who Loved Me is great, with the cheesy ski chase, the jump with the Union Jack parachute, and the segway into Carly Simon's awesome theme song. Good stuff.