Quantcast

Logging me out constantly

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Any else having issues staying logged in? Mostly happens to me while posting a response. When I try to post, it claims I am not logged or not a member. Click 'I am a member' to log in (whether I enter info or not) , and it says Hello Davep......recognizing me.

Try to post my response and it refers to me as 'Guest' again. This contiues un-ending until I close my browser, loose my post...re-open a browser and then it ususally recognizes me again...

All of this started with the 'changes' a couple weeks ago. I have tied to change 'cookie' handling, clear all cache and temp, reboot, etc, etc.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Is this only happening with Chrome? I've been having the same problem (back arrow and hitting refresh seems to work for me sometimes) and figured it was an issue with Chrome, but it's definitely annoying.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Same here. I'm on FF 3.5.3 and I've been having the same issue.

I'm always set to "remember me" and have the forums bookmarked. Sometimes I click on the bookmark and it shows me as being logged out. click the bookmark again and all of a sudden I'm logged in.

just started happening like 2 days ago.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Its still happening, Every time I click a responce, it tells me I am not allowed Permission this/that... click the reposnd button again, it posts, but I am logged out, go to login screen, it wont let me log in untill I click the log out button, then login. Its very annoying

By the way I am on MSN explorer if that matters

EDIT...... did the same thing when I posted this

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Just some more info:

Using IE 7.something

Seems to be more often (maybe limited to) having two active (RM) tabs open. One will show me logged in...the second will open and recognize me...but if I take a while to type out a post or am inactive for a bit, one of the tabs 'un-recognizes' me...

I will pay attention and see if todays changes on your end made any differences for me.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
keeps doing it everytime I post in any forum. have to go to login screen, log out, go to forums and then log in and it lets me in long enough to post, where it tells me all the same from the last post I had here. Doesnt help or seem to make any difference for me to have more than one window open or not

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Having the same issue here in the latest version of ff.

refreshing or clearing cookies/cache works a at first too.

lol it just did it to me while trying to post in here. damn all!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i can reproduce this on a newly built guest machine running latest stable releases of ff & ie. also, after logging in & refreshing, i'm taken to first post, not <url>?p=<num>&postcount=<num>

don't believe it's a rm problem, but vbulletin