Quantcast

longest 30.9 post available?

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
If aluminum frame the 30.9 will be fine. I am running a 30.9 in my 30.0, just a little stiff, nothing to worry about, though I really should go to the shop and have them ream it nicely, if you know a frame builder, or good shop they probably have such a tool, for reference I was running a 30.6 previously from a 2003 era IronHorse that was fine. Bug again it is alu frames

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
there's a name i haven't heard in years. don't think they're in business anymore? this is still listed elsewhere on their site:

"we´re updating this page to our our exiting 2005 product line"
Daniel Herz left around 2004, since then it's been very quiet. But over here you can still find some parts.

Nico used a lower guide from Roox on one of his Vprocess'. I think I still have a crankset on my first DH bike, which I didn't sell because of sentimental feelings, a 99 DHS Mono. Back in the days Roox was one of the "in" parts manufacturers in central/western Europe.

CraigS

Monkey
Oct 13, 2012
upstate ny (518)
My bad everyone, meant to type 30.9.
Its for a new Tallboy, and yes, I ordered the right size frame ( Large, I'm a hair under 6', long torso. )
The thing is, Santa Cruz shortened the seat tube by 30mm which means that its almost necessary to run a dropper to get the right amount of extension.
I'm trying to avoid a dropper because, 1. I hate the wiggly mess they are/become, and 2. I don't need a dropper on the terrain I ride.

Last edited: