Quantcast

looking at Jamis Komodo I need input

pyrobee

Chimp
Apr 12, 2008
I was looking for a Beginner Hardtail that I can grow into and saw a few people talking about the Jamis Komodo. I am looking at something to ride to and from my short commute but still get out hop around on some dirt and maybe even a little street stuff is this a good bike for that or should I go with something else. got about 800 to spend tops... over in okinawa japan right now and just wanna get out and do something..

pyrobee

Chimp
Apr 12, 2008
lots of looks but just wondering if this is a good choice or if I should be looking at something else... any help would be appreciated

ChiliPepper

Chimp
Sep 30, 2009
Upstate, SC
I cannot speak for the newer Komodos (I & II) even though they are really sweet looking and I have heard great things about them. I have a friend that rides a '07 Komodo and that bike rocks. It has the older type genesis style frame instead of the frame styles they have now, but that bike rocks on the DJ's and hucking it off some ledge drops. I would love to find that bike in my size frame. I was looking into the Komodo II and even the I, but after looking into the Transition Bank, I am not sure anymore. Good luck bro! :)