Quantcast

Looking for an inexpensive dh frame.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I know this is a long shot, but after searching Pinkbike and Ridemonkey and not finding much that fits the bill real well, I thought I'd turn to the locals.

I'm trying to get a couple of new guys into the sport. One of them is a really good friend who lost his job. I've got a spare trail bike built up for him to ride, but I'd like to get a DH bike built up as well.

I have a spare Boxxer Team, bars, brakes, stem, shifters, 150x12/20mm wheels, tires, tubes, ISIS cranks, an ISCG chainguide, rear derailleur. Pretty much everything, except a reliable frame.
I had built up an '05 GT DHI, but I found a crack in the downtube. I'm not willing to risk my friends life.

I don't have a whole bunch of spare cash, but would be willing to see what we could work out if some of you guys might have hanging out in your closets.
I would REALLY like to find something that is fairly recent geometry wise, uses ISCG tabs(not '05), a 150mm rear end and it'd be handy if it used a 8.75x2.75 rear shock. None of those are requirements, but it will make it a whole lot easier to get my buddy going.

If you have anything that may peak my interest at all, please let me know.

Thanks!

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Thanks for the suggestions and the couple of PM's so far.

I saw that GoRide had ElCuervo's for $899 which would be awesome. But I'm still trying to stay cheap.

I've seen a few IronHorse Yokuzas the single pivot dh frames going for about 500, which would be right up my alley. But I haven't been able to nail one down yet.