Quantcast

Looking for an older steel frame - have one in the garage?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I know this should probably be a classified ad, but I figured I'd throw it in here since a wanted ad for an old road bike probably wouldn't get too much traffic.

Basically, I want a 57-58cm frame (road or cross, really) to build into a cool project. I'm thinking of using some NOS Shimano 600 hubs, some bar-end 8-speed shifters, etc. I'm in no hurry, and want something steel. 1" or 1 1/8", Italian or English BB threading, it's all good. Anyways, just thought I'd throw the line out there in case someone has something perfect and they (like me) don't want to deal with eBay.

Last edited:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
55.5cm (56?)

90s era Steelman frame, fork, threaded CK headset. The frame is brazed throughout with a lugged bottom bracket. The fork is lugged and wicked hawt. Front entry dropouts and a chain hanger thingy. Integrated seatpost clamp and pump do-hickey.

Paint is a speckled-flakey black, with a plethora of chips and scratches. The frame is smooth as hell on the asphalt, though has plenty of flex when you put down da hamma'.

Are you willing to make a donation to a local charity? If you're remotely interested, I'll take 'er out of the box and update you on the condition.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
55.5cm (56?)

90s era Steelman frame, fork, threaded CK headset. The frame is brazed throughout with a lugged bottom bracket. The fork is lugged and wicked hawt. Front entry dropouts and a chain hanger thingy. Integrated seatpost clamp and pump do-hickey.

Paint is a speckled-flakey black, with a plethora of chips and scratches. The frame is smooth as hell on the asphalt, though has plenty of flex when you put down da hamma'.

Are you willing to make a donation to a local charity? If you're remotely interested, I'll take 'er out of the box and update you on the condition.
PM'd you, sounds like this could work out! Thanks monkeys!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
though has plenty of flex when you put down da hamma'
I can still remember the flex in my late 80s road bike. Some generic frame so that did not make it better but it had Shimano 105 and I thought that was really cool. What a difference in stiffness when I got my first mtb in 94 (alu Marin Indian Fire Trail).

Cool sounding frame though Reflux :thumb: