Quantcast

looking for NYC DH/FR rideshares this summer

AreaBoater

Chimp
May 6, 2010
New York City, NY
Just moved to NYC from NC/SC, kept the bikes but sold the truck. Happy to split gas and tolls if you're in manhattan or bk or near the GWB and riding on a Saturday or Sunday, maybe the occasional weekday. Hike-a-bike or shuttle, don't really have a XC bike right now. Give me a shout or reply or whatever.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
There's a good amount of people that come up to Diablo from the city every weekend. It's a little over an hour from the GWB. I'm sure you could hook up with one of them.

Samslon

Chimp
Apr 23, 2002
Long Island City
I'm heading up tomorrow and have an empty car if you need a ride. I'm leaving from the midtown area. Probably leave later morning due to the weather - hoping to be on the road by 10-1030.

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
i got to diablo often, and i usually have room for 1 extra bike/gas money provider.

pm me, and i'll give you my details.
i'm def. going this weekend, leaving out of UES (gracie mansion area).

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
If you want to experience some big mountain riding you are only a 4.5 hour drive or so to the Whiteface Mountain Bike Park. We have almost 2.500 feet of vertical compared the usual 1,000 feet or so.
It's a nice area to escape to from the city, with 30 to 40 minute dh runs, killer x-c trails and the new Kyle Ebbet Dirt Jump Park. The town of Lake Placid is a nice escape in itself too.

Whiteface Pump Track:

Last edited: