Quantcast

Looking for some new enduro gear

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Switching over from downhill to enduro and looking at getting some new gear. I'm pretty much between specialized and fox gear what my shop can get. Not exactly sure what else they can maybe se7en I heard they make good knee pads. Any suggestions as I'm new to enduro. Want some comfy knee pads and some new lighter enduro shoes to replace my old fiveten's that are a bit heavy. Also need some new helmets(full face and regular). Thanks for your opinions

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
IMG_4880.JPG
Switching over from downhill to enduro and looking at getting some new gear. I'm pretty much between specialized and fox gear what my shop can get. Not exactly sure what else they can maybe se7en I heard they make good knee pads. Any suggestions as I'm new to enduro. Want some comfy knee pads and some new lighter enduro shoes to replace my old fiveten's that are a bit heavy. Also need some new helmets(full face and regular). Thanks for your opinions

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
The switch is pretty easy. It can be done in a few ways:

1: get old and give up trying to be fast on a DH bike, start trying to become fast on a trail bike.

or

1: buy latest carbon fiber superbike. It HAS to be current year or you'll lost a few seconds right off the bat.
2: buy largest cassette cog you can afford, or buy eagle
3: buy latest gold parts for bike
4: buy latest TLD or 100% kit. White is preferred followed by teal, then yellow.
5: buy the latest fanny pack, try to spend more than $200 on this fanny pack, or again, you'll lose a few seconds.
6: buy the most expensive helmet you can buy. Buy two of them.
7: buy the most expensive garmin you can afford, if you don't have one you can't do well at a race, ever.
8: buy a crossfit membership so you can pickup the latest bro-douche sayings and the current year faux-training regime.
9: buy an entry to the nearest local race and show everyone whats up! you can ride through the spectator baron forest with your $15k in gear, at which point you'll be a true endurbro.