Quantcast

Looking for Web Hosting

mudanoman

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bay Area
Hey,

Know of any reliable and affordable web hosting companies? Preferably 1GB+ storage and 50GB+ data transfer if not unlimited. Thanks in advance.

-mm

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I've been hosting with www.doteasy.com for several years now and have been very pleased. $7.95/month for 1000 MB storage and 20 GB transfer. Of course, for that price there's no phone support, but you get what you pay for. I can't remember the last time my site was down...

If good customer service is important to you, I'd also check out www.speakeasy.net. Hands down the best ISP customer service I've ever experienced. $9.95/month for 500 MB storage and 10 GB transfer. $24.95/month for 1000 MB storage and unlimited transfer. This is all on Unix.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Something important you need to think about - there is no such thing as "unlimited transfer". That's marketing BS. They always limit you in some way - likely by capping the transfer rate. This means that you will never get charged for over use, but your site will get slower and slower the more data you are transferring.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
any windows based servers?
I'm always looking for ISP's with good customer service (seems to be rare these days).

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
BurtonHosting.com
cheap, reliable, fast and outstanding support. I currently have 6 domains with them.

Elseway, i also maintain 2 domains on DataFlame.com but the service is not as good. Upon expiration, I will transfert them to Burton also.

mudanoman

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bay Area
Thanks for the quick replies. Just curious anyone heard of dot5hosting.com or brinkster.com? $5 for 750MB, 50GB transfer and $17.95 2GB, 'unlimited' transfer, respectively. Thoughts? -mm