Quantcast

Looking into getting a gun...

loosecannon

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
San Diego
I'm looking into purchasing my first firearm because I am in the market for my first house. I'm hoping to get some advice. I want it mainly for personal protection in my home but I also want something that I can have fun with out in the mountains and/or range. I was told a .357 magnum snub nose is the business bc it's good for I want it for and it's got enough power not to get bored of. Any suggestions? Any and all help is appreciated.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
A potato cannon would be awesome in the mountains and on a shooting range.

I don't know anything about guns, but a couple of my friends have 9mm's. They also happen to collect guns.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
black powder musket.....you can shoot and the black cloud will mask your escape to safety

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I'm looking into purchasing my first firearm because I am in the market for my first house. I'm hoping to get some advice. I want it mainly for personal protection in my home but I also want something that I can have fun with out in the mountains and/or range. I was told a .357 magnum snub nose is the business bc it's good for I want it for and it's got enough power not to get bored of. Any suggestions? Any and all help is appreciated.
Home defense = shotgun. Bullets flying around the house much more dangerous to the occupants (wall penetration and all that) than 00 buck shot.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
"Bad Idea Jeans"

Bad Idea Jeans

Guy #1.....Kevin Nealon

[ open on group of guys sitting on a bench on a basketball court, laughing ]

Guy #1: Hey, we've got our apartment. We ripped up the floors, pipes, wiring, and having everything completely redone.

Guy #2: You're renting, right?

Guy #1: Yeah.

[ image on screen: BAD IDEA ]

Guy #3: Well, he's an ex free-base addict, and he's trying to turn around, and he needs a place to stay for a couple of months.

Guy #1: [ tosses bottle to Guy #2 ] Head's up!

Guy #4: Now that I have kids, I feel a lot better having a gun in the house.

[ close-up of the jeans they're wearing, the label reads: BAD IDEA JEANS ]

Guy #3: I thought about it, and even though it's over, I'm going to tell my wife about the afffair.

[ more shots of BAD IDEA jeans ]

Guy #5: I don't know the guy, but I've got two kidneys and he needs one, so I figured..

Guy #2: Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?"

Announcer: Bad Idea Jeans.

[ shows a group of tough looking basketball players on the court ]

Guy #1: Hey, you guys ready? Let's bet these guys! A hundred bucks.. make that two hundred! Two hundred bucks!

[ fade to image on screen: BAD IDEA JEANS ]

[ fade out ]

killsdeer4fun

Monkey
Jan 25, 2009
Clemson, SC
Get a SIG, any of them. Try for a P220. If you want one, Smith and Wesson makes good stuff, and do does Browning. I recommend and Kimber if you want real quality. Something like a Kimber tactical custom 2. Get a 1911 if you want to have some real fun. You will never get tired of a 1911 and all your friends will envy you.

lojack13

Chimp
Nov 5, 2006
For home and personal defense, get a Taurus Judge Magnum, you can fire either .45 mag or .410 shotgun shells. The shot shells will work well in your home because they spread out and you will not miss the sh#tbag who decided he thought it was good idea to steal instead of get a job. And you can still fire the .45 Mag for gun range and out in woods target practice. I doubt you will ever get board of this gun. And it is small for concealment. They run about $550.00 and up, but they are worth every penny. I know this is for MTB stuff but figured I'd help you out since you're a fellow rider. Happy hunting....

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I need to sell my mower too because I've since hired a landscaper. :twitch:
Wow, that's rough. I have a small strip of lawn on the north side of the new pad, but the landscaping is included. My wife wants to replant the entire front, we will see how that goes over with the HOA next month.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Consider a Gatling gun. I love mine, and it's a big hit at BBQ's and general get togethers.

I use a cannon for home protection though....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If you do get the gun, don't be a pussy. They'll shoot you as soon as they see you have the gun, so be ready to take a life.

But please don't take the wrong one. A guy that I went to high school with accidentally walked into the wrong apartment last year after a night of drinking and the tenant shot and killed him.
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2008/04/huntsville_law_student_killed.html
I'm still real careful visiting people over this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshihiro_Hattori