Quantcast

Losing Interest

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Have any of you guys ever felt like your losing interest in photography? If so, what motivated you back into it....

i'm at that stage now, where i'm getting a bit frustrated with my shooting, the lack of "good" (by good i mean people doing CRAZY (black flips etc) tricks on the bikes) riders to shoot, and my lack of "creativity", 95% of my shoots aren't planned, they're just like "lets set up here and snap a few shots and move along".......

Another element of my frustrations have been using remote flashes, no matter how hard i try i'm not satisfied with the results... but when i shoot without the flashes the images are AWESOME.... maybe i should just shoot flashless?

Here are a few examples:

Flashless:

with Flash:

Flashless:

With Flash:

Without a flash i think my images are FAR better than those with flash....

Or am i just being a wiener and hypercritical?

i was thinking of investing in Alien Bees SB800's....

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Are you setting the flash manually?
If you're not I suggest you try it, it gives you a lot more control and you can use the flash to just kind of highlight the rider and make him or her pop a bit more.
example:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Yeah man, i keep it manual, i sometimes go to 1/4th - 1/8th power, i think the flash is just too close to the riders maybe??... but i am getting a bit frustrated how i am i not NAILING these shots.... i got the skill for it, but Strobing is HARD... i give props to those who has it down pack....