Quantcast

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
WTF? Buried alive? That was such a waste of an episode. That one blew so much donkey d!ck. Palo & Whats her face are morons. So many problems could have been avoided had he fessed up to finding the hatch & Plane. Wow:disgust1:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
WTF? Buried alive? That was such a waste of an episode. That one blew so much donkey d!ck. Palo & Whats her face are morons. So many problems could have been avoided had he fessed up to finding the hatch & Plane. Wow:disgust1:
So what if nothing happened i.e. the big picture? It was still a good stand alone episode. It was sort of like what would happen if Edgar Allen Poe had written the "Gift of the Magi" or a really dysfunctional version of Romeo and Juliet. Just sick and twisted.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
as compared to the locke episode last week? On a scale of 1 to 5 last nights rates a$$. Total waste of an hour. I barely remember them being in the one episode when they saw the eyepatch man.
Don’t care. They get 1 more chance or I’m a goner.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I stopped watching mid-way through the first season.

Want a similar kind of show that doesn't suck? Watch "Heroes".

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
To late, I missed to much. I have to many shows anyway. Lost Battlestar Galactica (Which is Blowing balls also), Dresden Files, South Park and house. My Tivo is going beserk.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Your opinion of TV shows leaves much to be desired. Lost is getting much better after the last half of last season (hey look, the shows over and I just woke up!). Battlestar Galactica has not stopped being awesome in 3 seasons. Hell, the finale was pretty epic in and of itself for this season.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They inserted both people like half way through the series.

I have two issues with this episode:

1. How would Sawyer NOT have hit on a hot chick from the first day (she wasn't around at all the first season)

2. How would a smoker NOT chew 5 pieces of nicotine gum over the period of 75 days? That stuff would have been gone in about a day after finding it.

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
They inserted both people like half way through the series.
One thing this show has is an almost endless pool of characters in the form of people who were on the plane but haven't really been introduced. I always love it when they show the anonymous extras milling about during certain scenes. It's like when characters in a sitcom throw a party and suddenly there's this random mix of never-seen-before extras milling about. I love it :3

I remember seeing this couple in the episode where they briefly appeared. I also said to my wife at that point, "Here's some new characters from the extra pool". You can always see them coming.

I think the show waivers greatly each week in its quality. I'm sure the writers are pretty agile and can take unpopular opinion and revise the show based on that.

I just wish they'd get off this "Others" story arch. To me it's tired and not interesting any more. It was much more exciting to me when The Others were a mysterious group.

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
I hear ya guys ... I watch these shows to give my wife a lil company ... every episode... I find myself saying "O comon ... that's just stupid."

To which my wife replies "Oh just shut up and watch the show."

This happens every week as we watch Lost, 24, and Prison Break. We call it quality time together. ;)

I did get her to laugh last week tho...
I told her that I heard Superman used to wear Jack Bauer pajamas when he was a kid. :cool:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
He doesn't want to be a murderer.
He certainly didn't mind pushing Mikial through the sonic fence at Camp Other where he seemingly "died." He didn't mind blowing up the hatch--ignoring wether Mr Eko & Charlie lived or died in the process. He didn't mind goading Boone into getting up on that cliff where he promply fell off(and died). Point is.....he may not want to be a murdurer, but he doesn't shy away from putting people in situations where they might die.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I think he's also cried more than anyone else on that show...
He plays everyone like a buncha bitches. That's why I like him. He's devious and underhanded and emotionally damaged.

:thumb:

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Can't trust Kate no to blab.. She went right away & told them about the parachuter with the satellite phone or whatever it is !

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Can't trust Kate no to blab.. She went right away & told them about the parachuter with the satellite phone or whatever it is !
You can't trust anyone on that show no to blab. A soon as someone says "Can you keep a secret?" you know some sh1t will go down.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Sawyer Kicks so much @$$ . Last night was awesome. But wtf, how did his dad get there. Is this hell? I don't think that Hurley would desrve to go to hell. Unless by using those numbers he made a deal with the devil. But what about jack, why would he deserve to go to hell? This show is so well done.

Commercails kill me.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sawyer Kicks so much @$$ . Last night was awesome. But wtf, how did his dad get there. Is this hell? I don't think that Hurley would desrve to go to hell. Unless by using those numbers he made a deal with the devil. But what about jack, why would he deserve to go to hell? This show is so well done.

Commercails kill me.
The producers have said time and again it isn't hell, it isn't limbo etc. It is a physical place on earth. I think John's father THOUGHT it was hell and the "accident" was probably staged and he was kidnapped. They probably want john for research due to his miraculous healing.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
This show is awesome. Keeps getting better. Hands down one of my favorite shows on TV right now.

I think John's father THOUGHT it was hell and the "accident" was probably staged and he was kidnapped. They probably want john for research due to his miraculous healing.
I fully agree.

I am curious about the whole finding the plane with everyone on it thing. I thought it might have been a trick or something by the chick who parachuted in. But when Locke's dad mentioned it like it was common knowledge I got confused again.

Also, what were Jack and Juliet talking about when Kate mentioned the chick they found? What shouldn't they tell her? AHHH!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
This show is awesome. Keeps getting better. Hands down one of my favorite shows on TV right now.

I fully agree.

I am curious about the whole finding the plane with everyone on it thing. I thought it might have been a trick or something by the chick who parachuted in. But when Locke's dad mentioned it like it was common knowledge I got confused again.

Also, what were Jack and Juliet talking about when Kate mentioned the chick they found? What shouldn't they tell her? AHHH!
Dharma or whoever these guys are have tons of money. They probably sunk a plane with fake bodies on it to look like the passengers. Remember, it's in 4000 feet of water, it isn't about to be recovered....

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
He wasn't dead at the end of the episode so he's probably not going to die. I'm guessing the island will help him since he "has a connection" to it.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
He wasn't dead at the end of the episode so he's probably not going to die. I'm guessing the island will help him since he "has a connection" to it.
agreed, but I think maybe EYEpatch "Michael" sp. may help him!

what do you think about Ben? I think maybe he has an "alter ego" or split personality (Jacob).

discuss...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
what do you think about Ben? I think maybe he has an "alter ego" or split personality (Jacob).
Dunno. There is (was?) a Jacob Vanderfield that sits on the board of directors at The Hanso Foundation.

Here's the brief appearance of Jacob in last night's episode:

and here's the bio photo of Vanderfield from an old Hanso Foundation page:

Similar?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think they are all "dead" and the island is more like purgatory.

John's dad died before he appeared in the box. Just a theory though. And how they are going to stretch it to 2010 is well beyond me.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
The Others are all the original pirates from the Black Rock. For some reason they just haven't aged. Look at Richard for instance...