Quantcast

Love Handles

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Particularly concerning their removal :) I've been trying to fit a session of sit ups into my routine. I've been doing the normal kind you learnt at school and have been incorporating a few "side ups" (don't know the proper name but I mean where you start on your side and lift your trunk). I don't really know any proper techniques so would appreciate some advice from knowledgable monkies.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i think that the only real way to remove them is to lose/shrink the fat, and that area's fat is about the last to leave. having ripped abs does little good when there's fat under/over them :D

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Toshi said:
i think that the only real way to remove them is to lose/shrink the fat, and that area's fat is about the last to leave. having ripped abs does little good when there's fat under/over them :D
I prefer to call it protective cushioning :D . OK gut fat removal then...same way as the rest of it?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
actually if you buy these pills for only $19.95... just kidding :D . i know of no other way. exercise + eating a bit better + time. less unagi and inarizushi eh

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Love handle 'areas' are all diet. I mean you have to exercise, but diet is key. Doing sit-up give you strong abs, but don't remove the cushon.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Working your obliques helps, but Toshi is right that it's one of the last areas to lose fat (or so it seems). Try side bends: with a dumbbell in one hand, bend sideways at the waist to lower the weight, then raise it back up by straightening at the waist. You don't have to bend a lot, just enough that you can feel that the oblique on the opposite side is being worked. Try to avoid swinging your hips.

If you're working out at a gym, they may have an oblique twist chair in with the other machines. It's essentially a chair with arm rests that stick out from the sides. You wrap you arms around the rests and the machine offers resistance while you twist at the waist.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Toshi said:
less unagi and inarizushi eh
Actually it's the yakitori and karaage that are my weaknesses. If there's a better combo than yakitori and nama beer then I've yet to hear of it. :D I guess pushin 36 years of age, miles on the bike and a bit of self control are the only things that are gonna do it. :( :D

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
BikeGeek said:
Working your obliques helps, but Toshi is right that it's one of the last areas to lose fat (or so it seems). Try side bends: with a dumbbell in one hand, bend sideways at the waist to lower the weight, then raise it back up by straightening at the waist. You don't have to bend a lot, just enough that you can feel that the oblique on the opposite side is being worked. Try to avoid swinging your hips.

If you're working out at a gym, they may have an oblique twist chair in with the other machines. It's essentially a chair with arm rests that stick out from the sides. You wrap you arms around the rests and the machine offers resistance while you twist at the waist.
No gym for me, it's all home improvement (chairs, bags of rice etc) :) I'll try that one though, sounds like the go. Thanks BG.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
"target" workouts don't work to loose fat, the only way to slim unwanted pounds affectivly is cardio at 75% of your max heart rate for 20min once a day. Doing the the sit ups and side bends or using a lower back table is going to help build muscle but not loose weight. In fact if it's just some love handles your worries about, doing all this stuff toghether should make you loose flab and gain lbs.
kai-

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Snacks said:
Love handle 'areas' are all diet. I mean you have to exercise, but diet is key. Doing sit-up give you strong abs, but don't remove the cushon.
:stupid:

You can exercise all you want, but you won't lose an ounce if you don't put down the fork.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I Are Baboon said:
:stupid:

You can exercise all you want, but you won't lose an ounce if you don't put down the fork.
Hey I'm in Japan mate, don't you mean chopsticks? ;) :D Actually it's not the fork that's doing the damage, it's the glass. ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
valve bouncer said:
Actually it's the yakitori and karaage that are my weaknesses. If there's a better combo than yakitori and nama beer then I've yet to hear of it. :D I guess pushin 36 years of age, miles on the bike and a bit of self control are the only things that are gonna do it. :( :D
mmm, and the tonkatsu, too. i'm hungry now :D

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I lost 30 pounds last summer and fall, without going to the gym and I was out drinking 4-6 nights a week. I rode 3 hours a day four times a week; I stopped drinking dark beers and either drank light beer or hard alcohol; but the biggest help was the change in my eating habits.

The first thing I did was drop almost all sugar from your diet (black coffee, no desserts, not literally all sugar) then the next big thing is when you eat. Instead of the traditional 3 meals a day go for 5-9 small meals a day. It really turns into constant snacking instead of the big meals you're probably used to. If you just up the number of meals you eat each day that will help reduce the total amount you eat in a day. The easiest way to start doing this is when you pack your lunch for work. Instead of eating the whole lunch at lunch time, just eat individual pieces of your lunch a couple hours apart. After a week or two you'll start to notice that you're not eating all of your lunch everyday, and you'll really notice it next time you think you're really hungry so you order a big meal, and can only eat half of it. The other thing I did was to stop eating at night. I make it a point to not eat anything within 3 hours of going to bed.

I'm not a proffessional, but this is all I did last year and it got me from 220 to 190.

Hope this helps