Quantcast

love it or leave it rant...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sorry, just ranting...
rant.on++

i'm so tired of people hating America. No, not the protestors. I'm sure most love America, but dislike some policies. You can love it and still protest.

I'm tired of those people who dislike America who won't leave. On behalf of all protestors and supporters who love America... get the fvck out.

/endrant :D

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by LordOpie
sorry, just ranting...
rant.on++

i'm so tired of people hating America. No, not the protestors. I'm sure most love America, but dislike some policies. You can love it and still protest.

I'm tired of those people who dislike America who won't leave. On behalf of all protestors and supporters who love America... get the fvck out.

/endrant :D
Amen brother.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
I agree to the extent that if someone doesn't like our way of life then they should go back to where they came from. If they just disagree with some policies then they can vote to change them. But don't try to make this country into one of the euro failed economies or a muslim repressive government. We are secular and it works well. It should stay that way. Freedom is our heritage and it should be every humans right. No one, not even Saddam has the right to enslave others.

Use violence and you hopefully end up in a handbasket on your way to hell.

Inspite of my political beliefs I am one that believes that the two party system works well. I like the switchover from one party to the other. I think it helps.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Stellite
[BBut don't try to make this country into one of the euro failed economies or a muslim repressive government. We are secular and it works well. It should stay that way. Freedom is our heritage and it should be every humans right. [/B]
If this is the land of the free, why is the supreme court hearing a case on Texas sodomy laws? If I'm with another consenting adult, why can't I put my dick wherever he or she wants me to?

Why can't I smoke pot if I want to, or inject heroin for that matter? It's my body, not yours or the governments.

If our country is secular, why do all our politicians at least pretend to be religious?

Why can't gay people get married?

Why can't we have a Jewish presidential candidate without wondering if his first allegiance would be Israel or the United States?

Why did our elected representatives pass the Patriot Act without reading the damn thing?

The vaunted freedoms that we claim to be exporting to the rest of the world right now could use a little shoring up here at home.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Originally posted by Silver
1. If this is the land of the free, why is the supreme court hearing a case on Texas sodomy laws? If I'm with another consenting adult, why can't I put my dick wherever he or she wants me to?

2. Why can't I smoke pot if I want to, or inject heroin for that matter? It's my body, not yours or the governments.

3. If our country is secular, why do all our politicians at least pretend to be religious?

4. Why can't gay people get married?

5. Why can't we have a Jewish presidential candidate without wondering if his first allegiance would be Israel or the United States?

6. Why did our elected representatives pass the Patriot Act without reading the damn thing?

The vaunted freedoms that we claim to be exporting to the rest of the world right now could use a little shoring up here at home.
1. Freedom and lawlessness are two different things. You still have to have some laws. I agree though that we some laws that we shouldn't

2. Again, some of those laws are debatable. The problem with drugs is the affect they have on others. You get drugged and drive running over someone you thought was a giant cockroach. But again, I agree that some laws should be debated.

3. A politician can be religious, they just cannot use religion to influence their politics. It is impossible to separate a person from their religion. Everyone has that right to their religion, but when they use the government to exert that religion, it is not secular anymore. Ayatollah!!

4. Again a judgement and ruling. Why isn't polygamy legal?

5. I think we can. I didn't realize that someone thought that Gores running mate would not be loyal to the US instead of Israel. Where did you hear this?

6. No one said politicians where smart..

Good points though. I still think we have it much better than overseas.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Stellite
1. Freedom and lawlessness are two different things. You still have to have some laws. I agree though that we some laws that we shouldn't

2. Again, some of those laws are debatable. The problem with drugs is the affect they have on others. You get drugged and drive running over someone you thought was a giant cockroach. But again, I agree that some laws should be debated.

3. A politician can be religious, they just cannot use religion to influence their politics. It is impossible to separate a person from their religion. Everyone has that right to their religion, but when they use the government to exert that religion, it is not secular anymore. Ayatollah!!

4. Again a judgement and ruling. Why isn't polygamy legal?

5. I think we can. I didn't realize that someone thought that Gores running mate would not be loyal to the US instead of Israel. Where did you hear this?

6. No one said politicians where smart..

Good points though. I still think we have it much better than overseas.
1. Agreed. I'm not saying we should rid of laws against murder or assault or rape or trespassing. I'm saying that so called consensual crimes are ridiculous to legislate into illegality.

2. We already have laws against impaired driving and reckless driving. These will do the job just fine. For the rest, point 1 applies.

3. You may have missed the whole faith based initiatives thing. The whole under god thing in the pledge of allegiance. The "In God we Trust" on our currency. Churches don't pay tax. Every other business does. We're not a secular state. (This is not just a bag on Bush, Clinton did the same church thing and was counselled by a minister while he was getting blowjobs in the White House.)

4. Polygamy should be legal. If it's consenting adults, I've got no problem with it. (Polygamy in the Mormon church though I have an issue with, many of those kids are indoctrinated from a young age...I would be uncomfortable with that.) It's not illegal to have multiple sexual partners, is it?

5. CNN story from 2000
CNN story from January 14
Notice the fourth question asked in the second one.

6. You're right. They are scary as hell though.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Originally posted by Silver
1. Agreed. I'm not saying we should rid of laws against murder or assault or rape or trespassing. I'm saying that so called consensual crimes are ridiculous to legislate into illegality.

2. We already have laws against impaired driving and reckless driving. These will do the job just fine. For the rest, point 1 applies.

3. You may have missed the whole faith based initiatives thing. The whole under god thing in the pledge of allegiance. The "In God we Trust" on our currency. Churches don't pay tax. Every other business does. We're not a secular state. (This is not just a bag on Bush, Clinton did the same church thing and was counselled by a minister while he was getting blowjobs in the White House.)

4. Polygamy should be legal. If it's consenting adults, I've got no problem with it. (Polygamy in the Mormon church though I have an issue with, many of those kids are indoctrinated from a young age...I would be uncomfortable with that.) It's not illegal to have multiple sexual partners, is it?

5. CNN story from 2000
CNN story from January 14
Notice the fourth question asked in the second one.

6. You're right. They are scary as hell though.
Agreed on all points especially #6. As for lieberman, I would hope that he would be impartial when it comes to Israel, but that is a risk we take when voting for someone. If there was any proof that he would not have US interest at the top of his decision making process, I would not vote for him. However, if his past record was clean, I would see no reason not to vote for him, if he met my criteria. I really don't know much about the man so I cannot say much on him. I really do not know why Gore picked him over some other possible candidates. He must have some really good skills to have made it to potential VP.

dangitboy

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Golden, Colorado
Im with Opie! If you dont like it here then get the HELL OUT!!
We're overcrowded anyway and could use the extra space.

If youre not from here to begin with, and dont like it here..then GO HOME!! Nobody asked for all this influx of foreign stress to begin with and I for one am tired of US citizens supporting foreign immigrants who come here quite unappreciatively and then have the nerve to spew their CRAPPY attitudes all over us like we OWE them something.

Whew..sorry...guess I needed a bit of a rant myself.

Thanks,

Dave

dangitboy

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Golden, Colorado
Hehe...no, they can have the McD jobs...its the ATTITUDE that many immigrants display like we owe 'em something and that we are the sub-society. Im far from prejudiced, but dont bite the hand that feeds ya.

Dave

What attitude? the ones that don't want to be called a beaner? the ones that want to have normal lives in America? They can't help it, I mean, when you are the sub-society for centuries, you tend to have an attitude of defensiveness. Try live as a real Mexican for a few weeks and you'll have beef against the rest of the society too. P.S., I;m neither Mexican, poor, working at McD, or a strawberry picker. Trust me, they got the short end of the straw. Let's see, when was last time you seen a Mexican mayor in your town? Dentist?

We never said no to the influx of European Immigrants, why try to screw all the others? We made the policy and they played our system. I'm glad I don't live in Colorado

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by dangitboy
Im far from prejudiced,
Nuthin' personal, but most people that need to say things like that are either lying or kidding themselves.

What attitude? Where is it being displayed? Do you speak from experience? When was the last time you sat down and had a beer with a recent immigrant?

hey, there are plenty of people I meet assume I'm an illegal immigrant just because I'm not white, and yes, that was in California, supposedly one of the most liberal states in the Good Ol' USA, so why the f*ck in the world would I assume Colorado would tolerate immigrants any better than Cali? I don't hate all Coloradoans, just the ones that think they are better than other races.

monkeywench

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
movin' on...
Originally posted by dangitboy
Hehe...no, they can have the McD jobs...its the ATTITUDE that many immigrants display like we owe 'em something and that we are the sub-society. Im far from prejudiced, but dont bite the hand that feeds ya.
Dave
It always blows me away when"white- born-in-North- America" types carry on about "uppity immigrants". Most North Americans were immigrants, some by choice, some not.

Let me do a quick run down of my neighborhood:
Corner pizza shop/laundro/convenience store run by Johnny who had to leave Lebanon because of religious persecution. Works like a dog, supports his wife and children, knows all his customers by name, has credentials that most of his clientele could only dream about.
Ungrateful? Hardly.

Middle Eastern Grocery store and bread delivery staffed by Azar. Speaks four languages, works like a dog, supports his family, knows all his customers by name. Bitter? Nope.

Chinese Restaurant staffed by Fanny and her husband Lee. In China they were both University professors, now they're working 7 days a week, putting their children thru med school in Canada, so THEIR children will have more opportunities. Sure in an ideal world Fanny and Lee wouldn't be working in a restaurant in Canada, but it beats kneeling down in a prison yard awaiting execution by shotgun.
These are just three small examples of hundreds I could give.

The majority of people that emigrate to North America are thankful they have a chance at a new life. Try befriending some new Americans sometime, you'd obviously be surprised.

I for one am humbled and grateful for the diversity of people who come to a place most of us take for granted.