Quantcast

Loveland Ski Area opens tomorrow!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
For the 5th straight season Loveland is proud to be the first ski area to open in North America. We woke up with 18 inches of new snow on Wednesday and the snow guns have been blowing non-stop for the past 3 weeks. We have received 48 inches of natural snow so far this season making this one of the snowiest early seasons in recent memory. Winter is definitely here!!

Come celebrate the start of the ski season at Loveland Ski Area. First chair will be at 9:00am Friday, October 15th. Chair 1 will service Catwalk, Mambo and Home Run. This is a top to bottom run with side to side coverage and more than 1,000 vertical feet. The base depth will vary from 18 to 24 inches. Start practicing that fake cough now and make your plans to head up to Loveland. This promises to be a day you won't want to miss.
Any CO monkeys up for playing hooky to go and get some turns in?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
have you seen photos? I only have one pair of skis and while they're my future rock-skis, I need to keep 'em in decent shape for the meantime.

I'm tempted to join you nonetheless.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I want to go!!! :drool:

Schit I just realized I dont even have school tomorrow and I have my license. Hm....if only I had money for a lift ticket, and didnt have to babysit my siblings. :mumble:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
What elevation are they at? Resorts here are still bone dry, even the top of Snowbird thats at I believe 12,000 feet...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Im from PA but happen to be on my way back from Moab for a ride trip, just drove by loveland and it looks sick, opening tomorrow, enjoy....time to party at university of denver :thumb:

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
wow, this makes my "I'm not going to ski this year" resolution seem really hard. *I usually get 30-45 days in a year*

I guess I have to suck it up and work if I want to have a good season in 05...sacrifices right?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LordOpie said:
have you seen photos? I only have one pair of skis and while they're my future rock-skis, I need to keep 'em in decent shape for the meantime.

I'm tempted to join you nonetheless.
I've seen photos of Berthoud Pass, and if Loveland had a chance to put down a little man-made then you don't have to worry about the rocks. Here's Berthoud from yesterday:

-S.S.-