Quantcast

Lyrik or Deville for park use?

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
At the moment I'm riding a full blown downhill bike bur I'm thinking of building up something lighter and more playful.

I figure something around 170mm of travel should be good, like an Antidote Lifeline nano or something like that. But when it comes to choosing a fork I'm a bit confused, will a Lyrik 170mm or Bos Deville be strong enough for almost daily park use or do I need to go with something like a Totem or Idylle SC?

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
The Deville is a great fork, but depending how big you go - it's intended as an AM fork and you might end up wanting something with a bit more beef.

If it's weight that you are concerned about, I would wait for the Idylle SC air to come out. I'm on the Idylle RaRe air at the moment, and the performance is astounding (and I'm coming off an Idylle Rare coil).

Last edited:

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
I've been riding the Idylle and NDee since they came out and have been super happy with them and you're right, I want to save weight on my next bike. Basically something I can pedal for a bit on my way home on some AM trails on my way home from the park. The reason why I started thinking about Lyrik was that it came on the Entourage which has to be considered a park bike and the Deville seems almost the same.

Maybe the Deville is too weak, but will the Lyrik 170 cut it? I ride pretty much everyday, work as a guide in the park, weigh 176lb(80kg). Will it flex too much? Anyone who's used it for a season?

Last edited:

jezso

Chimp
Dec 31, 2010
Dubai, UAE
German Freeride magazine recently had a comparisonal review with these two forks. 170mm versions. According to their result, the Lyrik is a better fork, as it is easier to tune, and it behaves better on the trail. Interestingly the Bos is more rigid even though it is lighter then the lyrik. This was a lab measurement. But as I said they found the Rock Shox product to be better on the field.