Quantcast

[({M GMT})]

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
ever done the boulder highline traverse? That is on my list.
(not sure if thats what its really called but my buds call it that)
That is indeed what it's called, but nope, not all in one go, done all of the segments separately though. Only downside to me is that it's a shuttled hike. Maybe shuttled hiking is where it's at, I just haven't fully embraced the concept yet. :D

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
"New Yorkers not particularly panicked, but looking annoyed and aggrieved"

Frankly, I've been more late to work from the run-of-the-mill, crumbling-infrastructure-related subway delays than those caused by some butthole trying to blow it up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what it do peoples.

weekend was ok. got some snow saturday which was sweet. gymnastics and swimming in the AM for the boy, installed the new dropper and hopped on the trainer while he napped. then took him to see santa. he was shy, but didn't lose his shit, so i'll call it a win. sunday hung out with baby girl while the wife took the boy for donuts and a haircut. more trainer during naptime, then some cleaning and general week prep. have friday off, 14 year old me is super excited to go see last jedi. still have 2 more days off to use before years end, thinking i'm gonna take a half day to ride this wednesday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was out around 8:00 Sunday morning and it was perfect up here. Probably around 23 degrees when we started so everything was nice and crunchy.
that would have been ideal. but these days with the youngin's unless i have family visiting i'm limited to riding during naptime (so generally between 1 and 4), night riding after 8pm once they're asleep, or taking vacation time from the office.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
That is indeed what it's called, but nope, not all in one go, done all of the segments separately though. Only downside to me is that it's a shuttled hike. Maybe shuttled hiking is where it's at, I just haven't fully embraced the concept yet. :D
I can hit sanitas from my house & have been wanting uber to the trail & then come down the back of sanitas to my couch and cold beers.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I can hit sanitas from my house & have been wanting uber to the trail & then come down the back of sanitas to my couch and cold beers.
I didn't know you were that close to Boulder, for some reason I thought you were up close to Ned.

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
I need bars with a little more sweep, or maybe sweep up? I dunno. I have jacked up wrists from breaking them riding BMX, I *feel* like I need more sweep back, but maybe I just need more upsweep? My current bars are flat with 8* back @780mm.

Any dudes with jacked up wrists like me have any suggestions?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Fucking internal IT organizations... :rant:

"We're going to force you to use super-secure access methods to ALL internal systems."

"I'm sorry, but we apparently don't have sufficient infrastructure to support all the people that want to access internal systems."

:mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I need bars with a little more sweep, or maybe sweep up? I dunno. I have jacked up wrists from breaking them riding BMX, I *feel* like I need more sweep back, but maybe I just need more upsweep? My current bars are flat with 8* back @780mm.

Any dudes with jacked up wrists like me have any suggestions?
try adjusting the angle of the bar before buying a new one.

and maybe work on your forearm strength.

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
try adjusting the angle of the bar before buying a new one.

and maybe work on your forearm strength.
My forearms are quite large, sir. It's not that lol. :)

I've broken them both twice so it's mostly a range of motion thing. For lack of a better way of explaining it, I lost a lot of lateral movement. Meaning, I can't move my thumbs in towards my inner forearms very well, out is fine. So for me it's more comfortable if my hands are moved out a little towards the outside of my forearm.

Probably explaining that horribly.

Attachments

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Listening to Ween's "Roses Are Free" on a constant loop because I need a reguler reminder to RESIST ALL THE URGES THAT MAKE YOU WANT TO GO OUT AND KILL.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
OMFG, that reminds me, this past weekend I saw a fat bike on someone's vehicle that had aero road bike bars on it. In what terrain would that possibly excel?
I've had aerobars on my 29er when it was setup for racing Tour Divide. Good for long miles on roads/dirt roads.

edit: Old photo from a training weekend up in the Catskills NY.
IMG_0012.jpg

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Now I understand why the rush to set up the new house. Still, I'm surprised you moved so close to having another.
I'm also an head's down, get it done kind of person. Give me a task and I will get it done.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I liked this post, but feel you should have been on the fatty rather than on foot.

How do you transport your bikes in the winter? Or rather, how do you clean the salt and crap off of them? My fat bike is now white from all the crud after spending 2 hours on the bike rack, on the back of the car. I can put the bike in the back of my car, but jockeying with the front wheel in freezing temperatures gets old real fast.

Don't really have access to a garden hose that won't freeze and go all explodey.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How do you transport your bikes in the winter? Or rather, how do you clean the salt and crap off of them? My fat bike is now white from all the crud after spending 2 hours on the bike rack, on the back of the car. I can put the bike in the back of my car, but jockeying with the front wheel in freezing temperatures gets old real fast.

Don't really have access to a garden hose that won't freeze and go all explodey.
https://www.amazon.com/Chapin-20000-Fertilizer-Herbicides-Pesticides/dp/B000E28UQU

just be sure you only use water in it. any chemical residue if you use it for fertilizer can mess your bike up.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
OMFG, that reminds me, this past weekend I saw a fat bike on someone's vehicle that had aero road bike bars on it. In what terrain would that possibly excel?
my lame yuppie roommate has an e-fat bike that he pulls his mal-adjusted dog around.
makes me want to kick him.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I put it inside the car. it sucks, but it's the only way, IME. I even have to take the fucking kids seats out. It was one of the reasons I switched my oldest to a booster seat instead of the 5-point harness seat. He is big enough for the booster, but could still fit in the 5-pt. I have buddies that have roof racks, but if you're going any distance, it still gets covered in road spray. leaving them inside the car also removes any worry from going to the pub post-ride. it sucks, but it is what it is...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fcuck I hate writing performance reviews. :rant:

"We're going to force you to use super-secure access methods to ALL internal systems."
Ummm I need one VPN to access email + intranet systems and another VPN to access our dev/qa AWS environments. They can't be both on at the same time. Kill list.:crazy:

How do you transport your bikes in the winter? Or rather, how do you clean the salt and crap off of them?
You don't. That way, the go to hell faster. :ph34r: