Quantcast

[({M GMT})]

splat

Nam I am
Fucking internal IT organizations... :rant:

"We're going to force you to use super-secure access methods to ALL internal systems."

"I'm sorry, but we apparently don't have sufficient infrastructure to support all the people that want to access internal systems."

:mad:
Don't get me started , I am in the process of implementing that my self on my poor users , New Reg if you want to do ANY business with the governement. FML

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Don't get me started , I am in the process of implementing that my self on my poor users , New Reg if you want to do ANY business with the governement. FML
Working for a large publically traded company is horrrrrrible in terms of adhering to SOX requirements. Our internal audits absolutely rip us apart at times. We need instructions for our instructions; fuck!

I want to work for the government. :twitch::monkey:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Working for a large publically traded company is horrrrrrible in terms of adhering to SOX requirements. Our internal audits absolutely rip us apart at times. We need instructions for our instructions; fuck!

I want to work for the government. :twitch::monkey:
And you know what the most amusing thing about all this is? If they would fucking STANDARDIZE on internal IT tools the procedures would be sooooooooooo much easier. But NOOOOOOOOO. Can't do that. Costs too much money. :mad:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm hodl-ing until I'm ready to retire. I'm up a few hundred percent since getting in, I think--don't actually log in to check, and since I only put a few grand in to start I'm not ready to retire... yet. :D

Also note for the record that heroines are people like Wonder Woman. The shit people inject is heroin sans final "e".

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm hodl-ing until I'm ready to retire. I'm up a few hundred percent since getting in, I think--don't actually log in to check, and since I only put a few grand in to start I'm not ready to retire... yet. :D

Also note for the record that heroines are people like Wonder Woman. The shit people inject is heroin sans final "e".
Well, you know - memes. :D

How are you planning to handle tax implications? Hell - what *are* the tax implications when you sell? :confused:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well, you know - memes. :D

How are you planning to handle tax implications? Hell - what *are* the tax implications when you sell? :confused:
It's standard short term capital gains if trading or selling under 1 year, long term capital gains at the appropriate rates associated with one's marginal income tax rate if held over 1 year. Figure out basis for each fraction of a coin you bought, figure out what you sold it at. If you didn't sell then great--you don't need to worry about this.

I figure at this point my gains are enough to buy me me a modest used car (again, I haven't actually logged in to check, just back of napkining it). Hardly a life-changing amount. Perhaps it will be such a life-changing amount if I hold it for 25 years, though...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How da fuck does that work?

Sounds like it *should* be simple?
The exchanges are not reporting 1099's. Most are located international and the old bitcoin numbers are anonymous. Unless you bought coins recently, it doesn't exist.