Quantcast

M is for value

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Pretty much proves that fox only wanted then for the brand, most likely as to be able to enter the value market without diluting the fox brand
I thought they diluted their brand pretty well when they had those shit non FIT - O/C dampers they put on OEM bikes.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Totally agree, but as if Fox were going to buy Marzocchi out to revive them to be better than their own product. I got some riding on the last generation of "real" Marzocchi gear before they died (380R2C2, Espresso, Moto C2R), and honestly it sucked compared to the Fox gear anyway (hit and miss). Some of the forks had a lot of stiction / some felt good, and the shock rebound was a bit flaky / wheezy.

That brand was dead once Bryson Martin jumped ship, so this is as good as anyone could have expected.

I do wish they put a coil assembly in the Marz "36" and "40" so people could buy the parts for their Fox.
Consistency was the biggest problem but if you were lucky and had a good working late Marzo they were decent. Though despite damping problems I prefered the RC3 Evo Marzos. They were a cheap, idiot proof alternative. I think Fox doesn't understand the appeal of Marzo and could use the brand better. What they should make from Marzo is forks that require close to no service and can be used by idiots for a very long time. Make them heavier but hassle free. I know using the same damper is cheaper but I'm pretty sure Fox could easily get away with runing RC3Evo Dampers for another 5 years without any issues. They would just rename it to RC3 EVO II, RC Evo Marzo Girl Titties, RC3 EVO Why can't I use canola oil in my fork and RC3 EVO I run my damping fully open