Quantcast

M3

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Anyone know the weight on an M3 frame and will it take a front derailer? Maybe an E-type? I have a buddy that wants to get one for FR/DH.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Nothing it's a DH bike.:D
I really don't know how well the e-type would work if at all. The problem is it still needs a bolt to go in on the seat tube. Otherwise it flexes too much and won't shift properly.
Also I'm assuming he wants a small ring on the bike? If so i 'm not sure how it would pedal with a tiny ring on it.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I was able to make the mount for the e-type fd and cable hangar on my friend's SGS-Pro, but I can't see an easy way to do it on that bike. That said, I don't think that is the right bike for your friend. Even if you could put 3 rings on it, it would still climb like **** because it is not built for climbing, it is a dh race bike. Check out the VP-Free or the upcoming V-8 from Intense, I think those bikes are more down his alley.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
he should look more towards a VP-Free or Intense's 8inch one. they can handle a front der, and weigh less...and price is much LESS.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Originally posted by MMike
What if you cut off the the bottom bracket area (about a 6" radius around the BB), and then welded on the BB area from a Trek 4300? There's your front derailleur mount right there....
Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard, the paint from the 4300 wouldn't even match! You need to replace it with the BB area from the red Trek 3500. Geez, some of the half assed ideas people post. :rolleyes:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Discostu
Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard, the paint from the 4300 wouldn't even match! You need to replace it with the BB area from the red Trek 3500. Geez, some of the half assed ideas people post. :rolleyes:

LOL....D