Quantcast

M959 Pedals

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Does anyone know how/where I can get new cages for these pedals? I need the pieces where the cleat actually engages. I posted a long time ago about have some play in the pedals and the recommendation was to get new cleats....well I did that and it only helped marginally. I suspect the pedals are worn from a couple of season of cross. Any help is appreciated.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I have purchased those bits in the past from the LBS who ordered them from the local Shimano distributor NORCO. They were the older SPD's, 747 if I recall. You can see the wear too. The bits that contact the underside of the cleat provide a lot of the stability, but it can also be from worn shoe soles and worn aluminum pedal bodies. My own 959's on my cross bike are becoming sloppy with new shoes and pedals. Those particular pedals are a good three seasons old having been on my Nomad which I sold with no pedals about 2008.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Update: I bought the new XTR pedals. The increased stability or lack of rocking is huge. Even comparing my relatively new at 6 months 959 with the new pedals is remarkably different. See if you can try out a set at the next event you attend. They are a bit lower too at about 4mm less thick.