Quantcast

Magura lousie Fr??

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
Yep!

Been running the Louise setup for 3 years now- on two of my bikes, and they've worked without any problems for me... actually, i'm still on the same original set of pads for both bikes...;)

They appear to work as well as a [really]good set of V brakes- the power of them won't throw you over the bars- but it's there when you need it... but without the worry of being able to stop after long descents- muddy riding terrain, ice and so on!

But depending on your riding style- or intended use, you could look into the Hope's as well.... awesome power even for their smaller models.

[I own a Hope C2 set as well- they are better for more agressive freeriding and such on!]

Here in Denmark, i would'nt go for anything less than dics, as we have poor weather [6 months of winter] and i hate not being able to brake when i need it!

But they are problemfree brakes, bolt on and ride... that's what i did 3 years ago:D

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
I also have a pair of Hope C2 but I want a open system not a closed.
I was wondering about the Louise FR brake not the old Louise. But thanks any way.
By the way I live in Göteborg, Sweden. So I know about wet weather.

G

Gutty

I also run louise brakes. Pretty happy with them. There isn't a whole lot of difference from the older ones to the new FR model. The new ones have auto pad were adjustment and a new lever design but aside from that the dimensions and internals are very similar.

=AA=

Chimp
Jan 13, 2002
Lakspur, CA
never really had the best of luck running the maguras but I think their new line up look promising. Do the FRs use separate moving pistons now or are they still running one fixed and the other compresses? What about the Gustavs?

Jan 14, 2002
Zwolle, the Netherlands
You might get hold on the Febr issue of the german Bike magazin there is an test of 16 Diskbrakes, and the Louise is included in their two forms; the normal Louise and the Louise FR; and also in that interview that there was little better braking for the FR version instead of the normal Louise version.
Maybe that issue could be of some help