Quantcast

Mali

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
To hear some people talk, they are. To others, not so much...
Most of the combat vets I've met or talked to don't toss around military jargon like the faux-para-military-wanna-bees do. Most lack that sense of inferiority and don't have anything to prove. When I was a bouncer (professional tough-guy), I never had a problem with military, first responders, or off duty po-po. The worst problems always were from some runt with something to prove or daddy's little princess.

Personally, I hope to never get shot at again. But if I (former tough-guy) do, I will simply run the other direction.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I'm using tactical in a sentence to prove how well trained I am.
Oh please...that is the least tactical use of the term tactical I have ever seen. Tactically speaking, you need to do a much better job of the tactical use of the term tactical. Were you at least wearing your tactical gear? What stance did tactics dictate your use of?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Also important to remember when regurgitating GOP/Fox talking points is to adopt an air of smugness as to demonstrate your intense sense of originality and rugged individualism. The pedagogic attitude will pair nicely with one's custom vanity license plate that simply states the model of car you drive. You're special and no one can take that away from you.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Not quite what I was looking for, but maybe someone else on here will care for "compensation musk".

I figured you real military types would have an official secret source for all things tactical. Dayum, all that and free haircuts.
If I told you, then it wouldn't be a secret anymore...why do you hate phreeduhmb™?

(And ftr, haircuts aren't free. Someone has to keep the Asian female mafia employed, especially seeing as strip joints are no longer considered appropriate entertainment on the weekends...)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So...AQIM still isn't dead yet...since the Radisson, we've had Ouagadougou and Grand Bassam hotel attacks plus the attack on the European Union facility in Bamako, but someone finally got the Malians on the right track to get a guy or two:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/mali-arrests-suspected-mastermind-of-hotel-terror-attack/

However, I recommend remaining skeptical about any victories in this region. Finally getting in a jab in the fight is hardly akin to winning the bout, especially after you've had your face pounded in a good bit.

Paralyzed with fear and standing in a pool of his own urine. Gunfights are not like video games, now are they ?
That's not really how I remember that day being, but, OK...

Last edited: