Quantcast

Mammoth for XC...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I know there are XC trails at Mammoth...someone reccomend me one. I will be taking a trip up there for Brews/Blues fest later this month and wanna pedal something fun, not too gnarly but definitely not too easy. Middle mileage (12-16?) and not so much vertical gain to make the nose bleed...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I know there are XC trails at Mammoth...someone reccomend me one. I will be taking a trip up there for Brews/Blues fest later this month and wanna pedal something fun, not too gnarly but definitely not too easy. Middle mileage (12-16?) and not so much vertical gain to make the nose bleed...
I don't know about the xc riding out there, but the blues and brews is FREAKING awesome.

I went last year. Hit every brewery. By 5 I was tanked. So many good microbreweries there! Ask around for a quadruple Belgian ale. I don't remember the brewery, but I do remember they were a so cal based one. Holy jebus it was amazing.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's lower rock creek. A few miles south of mammoth. Drive like you're headed to bishop and you'll start heading down a big hill. Take your first right and head into paradise (town name). You'll basically be backtracking parallel to 395 except without going up that big hill you just drove down. Park by a defunct restaraunt on your right when the road turns left. Then continue up on that road on your bike, through a neighborhood back up towards 395 (you passed right by this on your drive down). Right before the road hits 395, the lower rock creek trail is on your right. You'll also see the trail where it crosses the road you're climbing up two or three times.

You can shuttle it but it's only about an hour to hour and 15 minute climb.

EDIT: and it's also the only ride worth a damn around mammoth that's not the bike park.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Heckler, I made last years too...I was the drunk guy in the Park Tool shirt. Coco Montoya was a prick, Jonny Lang sucked, but Derrick Trucks was awesome, as was Chris Cain...