Quantcast

Manitou Mattoc

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Anyone running a Mattoc had and issues or complaints?

I have a Suntour Auron I am not happy with and thinking of replacing it with a Mattoc.

Learning to the Expert vs the Pro. Higher oil volume in the Expert vs the lighter Pro. Moar oil is better right?

Anyone with the IRT? Is it a fiddly mess to get dialed in?

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
My buddy's been riding one hard for the last year. Aside from the time it did this, he's been really happy with it. Good warranty support, gave him a whole new CSU, and pretty quick turnaround.

It's not a supple off the top as my Pike, but it feels really supportive.
IMG_1592.JPG

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i picked up one used from @HAB. only 1 ride on it so far, but very very happy with it. no real complaints as of yet.

don't have the IRT damper, but plan on adding it at some point this season.

edit: it's a 2015 mattoc pro.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
don't have the IRT damper,
It's a spring, not a damper.

Anyway, I put about a year on that one before I sold it to krankypants. It's a great fork, I just felt like having the same thing (a 36 Float) on both my trailbikes, and scored a great deal on a second one. The 36 has a stiffer chassis and better midstroke support, but the hydraulic bottom out control on the Mattoc is great, and it's an all around really solid fork.

I've owned a Pike too, and I'd rate them 36>Mattoc>Pike overall. Given the pricing on the Mattoc I think they're a no brainer for someone looking for a really good fork without totally breaking the bank.