Quantcast

Marijuana

Salty_T_Dog

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Logan, UT
maybe its not for everyone but its not just about personal use its about the freedom our constitution gave us and it was taken away and now our Government. No longer does the government answer to we the people but he the boss we no longer are a republic or democracy our government is controlled by private companies pretty much by the wealthy you should stand for your personal freedoms!

And the medicinal benefit considering we demonize weed but it values as a pain killer are the best!
We give people Codeine which comes from Morphine which as most people know is an extremely addictive drug with some of the worst side affects we keep weed illegal mostly due to pharmacy companies paying off us senates cause if we legalized weed it would make there pay checks quite a bit smaller!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
don't get me wrong, I'm not against legalizing marijuana it's WAY safer than booze, I just don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

In my opinion, the plant is too useful, and would hurt to many other American crops. Not to mention tobacco.

Salty_T_Dog

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Logan, UT
If you didn't see the bill its already a bill now which is way further than its ever made it. This big news for supporters and helping the petition is way to try to convince your state congressmen to support the bill!

Dreaming never helps put putting action could do something besides look at History did civil rights start from a bunch of people thinking about stuff?

Salty_T_Dog

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Logan, UT
Tobacco pretty much is a lost cause not much use will come from it any more. but you are right it is a valuable plant it could employ millions of Americans from all the products you can get from it!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Good luck with the petition. I always had fun at the Lafayette Park Smoke-In on the 4th of July behind the White House in D.C... that is until they started arresting stoners who toked blatantly towards the perimeter of the park. One more reason I always stayed near the drum circles and toked discretely. Well, that and I eventually got tired of unprepared 'heads(and narcs) coming up and trying to buy from me after they caught a whiff of the extra-extra. The march to the Lincoln Memorial, though, was always such a buzz-kill. I much rather enjoyed just chilling out with the drum circle folk. :cheers:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Alright, where to begin.

First, online petitions won't do ****. Politicians don't care what stoners think because stoners don't vote.

Constitution doesn't say "420 smoke weed everyday" in it. Over time and through Supreme Court cases, the 10th Amendment doesn't apply in any real fashion anymore.

The way it is now in California, small businesses dispense medical marijuana. If it were completely legalized for medical uses, then large businesses would kick them out, basically the Wal-Mart effect on small drug stores.

edit: Send actual letters and e-mails to your representatives, you can find their addresses online, will probably get farther than any retarded internet petition.

Last edited:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Does anyone on RM actually know what 'Forum' means?

FORUM:
Best described as a torrent of little children running around in a minefield (users), some armed with weapons (moderators), forums are the flagship of internet discussion, spam, and flame wars.
Smaller forums tend to be more habitable, but the larger ones have many distinct and similar features. For example, within approximately seven seconds of the creation of a topic, you will have at least one reply, garunteed. Large forums also tend to spawn makeshift caste systems within themselves, and you're automatically a malefactor in the forum until you have a 4-digit post count.
A forum can sometimes be helpful, but normally they become a time consuming and frustrating thing if you pay too much attention to them.
I got banned from that forum for being a n00b.
Link.

Salty_T_Dog

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Logan, UT
The emails on NORML do go straight to your state representatives. I got an email back from my state congressman Rob Bishop about 20 minutes after sending the email. The online petition isn't trying to start a bill. Read the news, its already been written. It was a pretty big deal. This is a petition to get your state representative to vote yes for the bill! Read before you criticize.

Furthermore, stoners do vote. Stoners who usually don't vote don't because they're in high school lol. Unless you're a useless stoner. This petition is being represented by NORML. Do you know what that means by chance? National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, a group of 'stoners' that are dedicated to actually doing something to the laws.They are serious about voting so I wouldn't discriminate against these stoners because more than likely they're 10x more politically active than you are! Check them out at norml.org. There's some useful info that, if it was broadcast as frequently as anti-drug campaigns and accepted as quickly as we swallow the pharmaceutical propaganda, would lead to a painless and widely supported legalization.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
What does everyone think of the bill http://www.house.gov/frank/hr5843summary.html

I am full believer of the benefits from this!

If you are I ask you of you to help out and fill one of these out

http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/alert/?alertid=11280301

Thank You,
:nopity:
It's gotta suck to be a stoner in Logan.

I had a friend spend 60 days in jail recently for posession of under an ounce and a dead plant there.

Also had a friend's brother hawking cocaine there...lucky for him, he's under 18 and only had to go to a youth work farm for a bit.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
The emails on NORML do go straight to your state representatives. I got an email back from my state congressman Rob Bishop about 20 minutes after sending the email. The online petition isn't trying to start a bill. Read the news, its already been written. It was a pretty big deal. This is a petition to get your state representative to vote yes for the bill! Read before you criticize.

Furthermore, stoners do vote. Stoners who usually don't vote don't because they're in high school lol. Unless you're a useless stoner. This petition is being represented by NORML. Do you know what that means by chance? National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, a group of 'stoners' that are dedicated to actually doing something to the laws.They are serious about voting so I wouldn't discriminate against these stoners because more than likely they're 10x more politically active than you are! Check them out at norml.org. There's some useful info that, if it was broadcast as frequently as anti-drug campaigns and accepted as quickly as we swallow the pharmaceutical propaganda, would lead to a painless and widely supported legalization.
It is the same reason why candidates avoid focusing just on young people, because they are unreliable at the polling booth. NORML do good things, I just don't think it will go anywhere, especially with the stalemate in the legislature.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Constitution doesn't say "420 smoke weed everyday" in it. Over time and through Supreme Court cases, the 10th Amendment doesn't apply in any real fashion anymore.
please, patrick henry's favorite saying after "give me liberty or give me death!" was "hey hey, hey hey, smoke weed everyday."