Quantcast

Marine Helicopter Crash

Mar 27, 2002
South Carolina
Here's a picture of the type of helicopter that went down tonight in Kuwait, if anyone cares. It's weird to think that only 4 months ago I was joyriding in one of these over the California Desert. God bless the families of those who were lost. Semper Fi.

Attachments

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by WheelSportBMX
Here's a picture of the type of helicopter that went down tonight in Kuwait, if anyone cares. It's weird to think that only 4 months ago I was joyriding in one of these over the California Desert. God bless the families of those who were lost. Semper Fi.
that looks like either cax (29 palms) or yuma...am i right?

bummer to hear about the crash. the ch53E that went down in jan '02 in afghanistan was from my squadron. i hadn't been out of the corps long when i saw the pics of the 2 men that died on tv and realized that they were good friends. Sgt "more organ" Morgan and SSGT James Cohee are 2 names of a total of 6 friends KIA that i'll never forget.

semper scrotus
(always on the ball)

Mar 27, 2002
South Carolina
Yep, it's 29 Palms. I spent the first half of December out there doing some good NBC training with CSSD-117 from Camp Pendleton.

I like that "semper scrotus" tag... I'll have to use that one.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by WheelSportBMX
Yep, it's 29 Palms. I spent the first half of December out there doing some good NBC training with CSSD-117 from Camp Pendleton.

I like that "semper scrotus" tag... I'll have to use that one.
good 'ole camp wilson. home of the highest suicide rate of any marine station.

where the beer is warm and the 2 women in the Eclub are married

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by manimal

where the beer is warm and the 2 women in the Eclub are married
You might be a Marine if:

You've ever picked up a woman at a club, and she takes you to base housing:D

Semper Fi Marines.