Quantcast

Marriage Equality.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I'm really impressed that you made it through all that without making a reference to fvcking chickens.
well, what's your position? after gay marriage, that's it -- pull up the ladder? care to be so bold as to express an original thought on this topic?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
As a married guy, I cannot understand why some people fight so hard to prevent two people who are in love and are dumb enough to want it legally recognized from being married...nobody protested me and my wife when we got our license.

Although sometimes I wish they would have...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Not everything is a slippery slope.
from kranked's link
The licenses were issued a day after the county’s Register of Wills, D. Bruce Hanes, said he would grant them to gay couples because he wanted to come down “on the right side of history and the law.”

Hanes said he studied the state constitution and the recent Supreme Court decision that struck down parts of the Defense of Marriage Act before deciding last week to grant same-sex licenses.

“I think the constitution trumps the (state marriage) statute,” Hanes said. “This to me is a fundamental civil right.”
furthermore, history is replete with marriage b/t cousins *intentionally to the exclusion of "outsiders"*. if anything, the slope goes back up, not down.

why does marrying cousins skeeve you out so much? what's your hangup?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
furthermore, history is replete with marriage b/t cousins *intentionally to the exclusion of "outsiders"*. if anything, the slope goes back up, not down.

why does marrying cousins skeeve you out so much? what's your hangup?
wife and i got married in maryland. on the one page from from the county court for our marriage license, there was a groom section, and a wife section. under the wife section:

"Relationship to the groom, if any: ________________"

looked into it. maryland will marry first cousins.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
in the future (when our population drifts toward oblivion due to being overtaken by dirty buggery) electronic marriage licenses should have a link to upload pics of cousins. i'm sure there's some levity for hot cousins to marry where otherwise banned.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in the future (when our population drifts toward oblivion due to being overtaken by dirty buggery) electronic marriage licenses should have a link to upload pics of cousins. i'm sure there's some levity for hot cousins to marry where otherwise banned.
there's already a lot of dirty buggery going on in the south. kind of explains a lot.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Game Set Match

to the prop 8 supporters: go crawl back under your rock.

(08-14) 18:06 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- The California Supreme Court unanimously rejected an attempt to revive the state's ban on same-sex marriage Wednesday, ending a nine-year legal battle over the rights of gays and lesbians to marry the partner of their choice.

The court order came seven weeks after the U.S. Supreme Court dismissed an appeal by sponsors of Proposition 8, the initiative defining marriage as a union of a man and a woman, of a federal judge's ruling declaring the measure unconstitutional.

:weee::weee::weee::weee:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Game Set Match

to the prop 8 supporters: go crawl back under your rock.

(08-14) 18:06 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- The California Supreme Court unanimously rejected an attempt to revive the state's ban on same-sex marriage Wednesday, ending a nine-year legal battle over the rights of gays and lesbians to marry the partner of their choice.

The court order came seven weeks after the U.S. Supreme Court dismissed an appeal by sponsors of Proposition 8, the initiative defining marriage as a union of a man and a woman, of a federal judge's ruling declaring the measure unconstitutional.

:weee::weee::weee::weee:
flatlined!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Do the Mormons get their money back?
No but they get bitch slapped in Utah by the courts

Judge strikes down Utah's gay marriage ban

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/21/us-usa-gaymarriage-utah-idUSBRE9BJ1D020131221

(Reuters) - A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional on Friday, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state where the Mormon Church wields considerable influence.

U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby, ruling in a lawsuit brought by three gay couples, found that an amendment to the Utah Constitution defining marriage as exclusively between a man and a woman violated the rights of gay couples to due process and equal protection under the U.S. Constitution.

"The state's current laws deny its gay and lesbian citizens their fundamental right to marry and, in doing so, demean the dignity of these same sex couples for no rational reason. Accordingly, the court finds that these laws are unconstitutional," Shelby said.