Quantcast

Marzocchi 888 CR 2012 bushing

Rocko

Chimp
Jan 11, 2009
Hi!
I'm kinda lost in the world of the internet by found a lot of irrelevant information...

I recently buy a used 888 CR 2012 and it has a lot of play by the bushes (the left side is more worn). I could find any information about these newer models only the 2008 series were bad becouse of the tolerancies, warranty, etc...

Does the bushing play such an issue around marzocchi? (I swithced to MZ after 3 boxxers)

Does anyone know this bushing set will work fine with the above stated fork: http://www.amazon.com/Marzocchi-Bushing-Kit-38mm-Stanchion/dp/B001GSKHWG ?
I have doubts becouse the picture doesn't represent the ones I found in the fork (they are whitish coated slotted ones).

Thanks.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
The newer slotted bushings were not meant to be serviced from what I understand. Meaning you had to replace the lowers completely. I'm sure they can be replaced but finding the right "slotted" bushings and someone to punch them out might be tough.

2012 was after they fixed their tolerance issue. I haven't heard of many complaints about bushing slop overall.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
You can make a bush puller for $5 but putting them in perfectly straight is the hard part.

EDIT, can you get the original owner to try for warranty, they have 3yrs where you are?

Last edited:

Rocko

Chimp
Jan 11, 2009
I live in Hungary and I bought the fork from Germany. However I have original invoice (from austrian offline shop) for the fork, I don't know how much warranty has remain...
I wouldn't be happy to buy a complete lower just becouse the bushimgs are fail. I changed oil and inspected the bushings. Looked only the upper bushings has play especially on the right side.
The wierd thing is the fork hardly has outer sign of wear. Just a few tiny, little scraces on bottom edge of the leg. Stancious are immaculate.
Thats why I dare to buy this 888. And of course as it has been said (and read over the internet) 2012 was over the big marzocchi issues...

Last edited:

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
The new bushings are sliced meaning that they have a default play without oil between them and the stanction. If that is your problem the play should dissappear when the fork was moved.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
The new bushings are sliced meaning that they have a default play without oil between them and the stanction.
Not sure if they should have play when dry. But I know every modern zoke fork SHOULD (and does in my experience) have excellent bushing tolerance, no slop, and smooth action. If it doesn't, there's something wrong.