Quantcast

Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro fork question

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I've got a Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro fork on my DK Xenia. Since the day I bought it, when I pull the front wheel off the ground in a bunnyhop or off the lip of a jump, the fork rebounds out too quickly (with a "kunnnnnng").

I googled the issue and other people seem to have had the same problem. On this fork the left leg is spring and the right leg is air. The owners manual says to deflate the air, then put a long 12mm key down in the fork. Turn counter-clockwise to lessen rebound, I think it said, and clockwise to increase it.

I turned it too much to the left and the bottom cap unscrewed so that some of the oil spilled out. I tightened it back up again, put more oil back in. Only 5 weight. I may need more viscous oil. Does it have to be actual fork oil ?

I put in120psi, and the fork is definitely stiffer, but still rebound-pings.

Any ideas?

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
dont put that much air in it, its not necessary but do change the oil to a 7 weight for the rebound problem. there is a thread here somewhere that shows you how to lower it if you ever want to do that before you purchase another fork.( because eventualy you will) The tool for the reabound is hard to get, my lbs did not have one when i had mine but it will help a lot if you can get it.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
well i did get the tool. i went to auto zone, and in the socket wrench section there is a set of sockets that have an allen wrench head on them. the normal size ones go from 6mm up to 10mm. it was hard to find the oversized metric for 12mm, 13mm and 14mm. anyway, with a 12" socket extension you can reach far enough down in the fork to contact the bolt.