Quantcast

Massanutten race

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Mwhahaha... I raced junior sport in the rain and cleared the top section. I was denied being able to ride the new left line cause of the slickness though. :disgust:

But, I had fun and only got 2 flats! I got 4th place junior sport with a 4:06

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Yeah I had fun, thats all that matters.

I took the left line at the top because that was the only one I practiced. Thats where I went down from the slickness, the rest of the course seemed fine, but I was going pretty slow since I couldn't pedal with any force without my wheel trying to fall off.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Yes, I got a 4:51, but I'm blaming it on my slippers, the fact that I was hungover, and whatever else I can think of. Definitely not the fault of the rider! Had a blast though, and it was pretty cool to meet everybody. I'm not sure if I will be known now as "That idiot with the slippers" or "That idiot that threw up"

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Yeah well it wasn't my fault. That cup of jet fuel that woman gave me is totally to blame. Margarita my slippers! Despite all this, I had a kickass time, since this was only my 3rd DH race. Hopefully we'll hit up some more Gravity East races,a nd you cats better come to the Shoe.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, I missed somthing :confused: Where were there cups of jet fuel? I would have totally been down for that!

Anyway, awesome weekend, great practice runs, great race run right up until I ended up stuck in that g-d rhododendron! Oh well, I just wanted to make sure everyone else in my class got down safely..... yeah..... thats it ;)

But, as one of my buddies put it, at least I beat T*****!

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
yeah you missed out on the rocket fuel - the young ens thought that is was too strong - I thought it was jusssssst right-

Yummy
I think they siphened (spelling?) that stuff out of some white hummer's gas tank which also explains said vehicle's above average off road capabilities :monkey:

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
I'm thinking about wearing the slippers again this year. Starting a tradition or something. I might tape them to my feet this year.

I will see to it that I stay in a different area than Mancil and you! ;)
Well, I hope the outcome of this cookout aren't quite the same as the last one, so I think you're safe. Worst. Hangover. Ever.

are you really that prone to flats at this course?

To reply about something that is actually important to RACING at Massanutten.....Yes the top section of the course is well known for pinch flats. It has many lines and some of them are fast...if you dont flat. I was able to ride a couple of practice runs with some pros, and they said that they were running like 30-35 psi!! I would reccomend Maxxis, dual plys...forget Kenda, and WTB, the sidewalls are too thin for the top section, at least to try out all the lines that are there.

Hope this helps...u did ask a question about riding...and this is RIDEmonkey.....It is a good race super fun, non scary track, that u can always tell what, if anything you've done in the off-season has worked...

Dave Kalt
Cyclist