Quantcast

Master site suggestion/complaint/rant/request thread!

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Ok, I've been reading through the Support forum, and there's plenty of things that you guys have comments on. It would be really helpful if everyone could take a few minutes, and just rant your brains out about everything that bugs you, is wrong, or whatever else you might need to get off your chest.

It will be really helpful for the developers, as you guys will be more familiar with what is wrong. Also, don't be afraid to make suggestions for what you want to see added - we can't make any promises but sometimes as things are being fixed a little tweak here and there isn't too much extra work.

Don't hesitate to just completely go off either... best to get it all out on the table!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'll second the vote for a mobile format

also:

-vimeo embedding
-paid accounts
-the abillity to turn avatars off from the control panel (like, disable loading of avatars if you're at work so its less conspicuous)
-bacon smiley
-barf smiley
-I'd like MOD powers :D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i would like the first bit of text displayed when you hover over a link to a thread.

oh...& maybe an interface that looks like PS cs3 for when i am at work.
:D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I like to see the Tech Talk and the Mechanic's Q & A forums folded into one forum. We don't get a lot of posts, so having only one forum will be easier for Questioners and Answerers.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Is it possible to get the search results to show more than 100 threads? I like to click the 'New Posts' link to see what I missed and there are usually more than 100 updated threads over the course of 24 hours. Or if searching for old posts, there can easily be more than 100 matching threads, but it is easy to skim through ones that obviously don't apply.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Quick question - do you guys have any problems with the profile photo galleries? We're upgrading the database and noticing a few errors in there. Not sure if thats been persistant for a while, or if its just a compatability problem with the newer version of VBulletin we're trying to install...

Let me know if your photo galleries seem to be working well, or if you've had a few bugs!

Oh, and please keep the suggestions coming. We're not going to be able to accomplish all of it, but there is certainly stuff in here we're working to address!

lamp

Monkey
Mar 21, 2008
I dont think the 'search this category' dropdown in the classifieds works correctly

typing '888' while in the forks category returns complete bikes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
test of quick reply: was giving me some authentication token error garbage earlier

nope, is working

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Same 'new posts' link that apears on any of the forum pages. Provides a list of the recently updated posts.
Yep no prob... I think we've already got that in there its just titled "today's posts" - when you see it if its the wrong thing we can change it up.

We're about an hour away from starting the first round of launches. Remember this will be Beta, so expect a few bugs after we do it. Should fix a lot of issues you guys have been experiencing though.

I really wanted to make some joke where I mixed the word Beta and Beer. "Beereta" was the best I came up with, and it sounds stupid. So I left it alone.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Drunken Ninja is still able to post, you'll want to check that out.

edit: I cannot access the Gallery, I get "you do not have permission to access this page..." message.

Hey Mr. Bishop: do you ride, or is your involvement in this site strictly business?

Last edited:

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Drunken Ninja is still able to post, you'll want to check that out.

edit: I cannot access the Gallery, I get "you do not have permission to access this page..." message.

Hey Mr. Bishop: do you ride, or is your involvement in this site strictly business?
Well I used to ride a lot when I was a bit younger. Did mostly XC and a bit of urban and technical built up trail type stuff. However, I got out of it a bit over the last 5-6 years or so - got really into the ski industry. I more bike for transportation now, but really want to get back into it.

So in short, I guess I came for business, but its a damn good excuse to get back into biking.

I used to have all the north shore extreme videos and watch them constantly... love trials type riding like Ryan Leech as well.

Stuff like this blows me away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z19zFlPah-o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z19zFlPah-o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
I have serious issues with the screen jumping as the page is loading the rep. it keeps giving the google story about people reaching the golden banana. It is totally annoying. If you dont believe me I can take video of the first 30 seconds of the page loading.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I have serious issues with the screen jumping as the page is loading the rep. it keeps giving the google story about people reaching the golden banana. It is totally annoying. If you dont believe me I can take video of the first 30 seconds of the page loading.
Actually could you do that? It would be very helpful for us to diagnose the behaviour.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
New look is nice.... Sites loading uber fast now too. :)
I'm glad someone finally commented. That was the big first step we wanted to fix. Hell I was getting 5-15 second page loads in the forums before... totally intolerable.

Everything else came secondary to the slow page loads.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Why do I have to log in every time I start my browser (firefox latest and greatest) even though I have the "remember me" box ticked off?

BTW, for plugins, I have:
Adblock Plus
AVG Safesearch
AVG Security toolbar
Color Management
Java Quick starter
NoScript (Ridemonkey allowed)
Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-out (TACO)
Xmarks

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Why do I have to log in every time I start my browser (firefox latest and greatest) even though I have the "remember me" box ticked off?

Adblock Plus
AVG Safesearch
AVG Security toolbar
Color Management
Java Quick starter
Xmarks

Your computer is broke. :boss:

This is what version I have with no problems:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Adblock
No script
Avast (I dumped AVG free. It was too much of a hog.)

It might be your cookie thing.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal

Adblock Plus
AVG Safesearch
AVG Security toolbar
Color Management
Java Quick starter
Xmarks
Hmmmm..... weird. Again - we'll check into it. Slowly but surely we're getting them. I'm afraid we might not get this done until next week as we've got a few other things on the list right now. But we'll figure it out. We made a round of browser compatability updates today so double check if that fixed it.

Ok when I click on the link in the new reply email, it takes me to the first post of the thread not the first unread post?
Yeah this and the video at the top I think are related. There's some screwy stuff with the way the site is navigating to later posts. Again - give us some time we've got a few things on the plate.

Plenty more to come - next week will be a lot of bigtime bug fixes! In the meantime... why don't you try out the live broadcast page and give it a go! :)