Quantcast

Master site suggestion/complaint/rant/request thread!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I'm not sure if it's my device of the new site. But my Blackberry Bold does not work and play well with ridemonkey anymore. Pages don't really load anymore. They get about 90% done, then the text will appear very briefly, then it all turns to grey boxes andit hangs like that.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
After reading a thread, clicking the back button does bring you back, but to the top of the page. It is trying it catch up and take you to the right spot on the page, but it takes a long time. Meanwhile you have scrolled down yourself when the page leaps all over the place.

Same goes for clicking on the 'last post' button. The page comes up quickly, but by the time you have scrolled down yourself and start reading, the page leaps all over the place again.

Never really happened in the old version.

Hopefully I've explained it right...

Otherwise, I'm liking it. It is much faster.

Another vote for mobile...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Another thing: Mirroring what someone else said:

A good feature similar to 'New posts', would be 'new posts since your last visit'. And don't limit it to 100.

There are times I'm not here for a few days and 100 posts don't cover it.

Cheers.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
After reading a thread, clicking the back button does bring you back, but to the top of the page. It is trying it catch up and take you to the right spot on the page, but it takes a long time. Meanwhile you have scrolled down yourself when the page leaps all over the place.

Same goes for clicking on the 'last post' button. The page comes up quickly, but by the time you have scrolled down yourself and start reading, the page leaps all over the place again.

Never really happened in the old version.

Hopefully I've explained it right...

Otherwise, I'm liking it. It is much faster.

Another vote for mobile...
This might be due to the fact that we optimized as much as is possible to increase page load time. Things are just getting ahead of themselves... we'll check into the order of actions on the page, as perhaps the jump is being executed in the wrong order. Though it is working properly, just doing it after you start scrolling... which might not be something we can change. We'll let ya know.

Another thing: Mirroring what someone else said:

A good feature similar to 'New posts', would be 'new posts since your last visit'. And don't limit it to 100.

There are times I'm not here for a few days and 100 posts don't cover it.

Cheers.
We put a "new posts" link in the navigation at the top. Do you think that this does the trick, or is there something else you'd like to see?

I'm not sure if it's my device of the new site. But my Blackberry Bold does not work and play well with ridemonkey anymore. Pages don't really load anymore. They get about 90% done, then the text will appear very briefly, then it all turns to grey boxes andit hangs like that.
Hmmm... I'm afraid we don't have a BB at the office to test it. Anyone else having this happen? Can you take a screen capture on your bold? I know that the site works on iPhone.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I usually have that problem when I click on the "view first unread" link and there are a lot of pictures in the thread, like a Splat ride report, and I have to wait for all the pictures to load.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Topic Reply notifications! I have not visited the site in awhile because I don't receive them consistently. I would see more ads if I were on the site more.... makes perfect business sense ;)

Plus, why do I keep getting signed out?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'm sure this has been asked, but...why the re-vamp? Was the site broke or obsolete? Seemed to work just fine before.

Just wondering.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm sure this has been asked, but...why the re-vamp? Was the site broke or obsolete? Seemed to work just fine before.
A) it was broke, it just wasn't entirely visible from the user perspective

B) advertisers like more customized, sleeker looking sites. Yes, it's stupid, but it is reality.

Besides, change is good once in a while... keeps you guys on your toes, and gives everyone something to whine about besides the moderators taking away first amendment rights :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
A) it was broke, it just wasn't entirely visible from the user perspective

B) advertisers like more customized, sleeker looking sites. Yes, it's stupid, but it is reality.

Besides, change is good once in a while... keeps you guys on your toes, and gives everyone something to whine about besides the moderators taking away first amendment rights :D
Noted.

Well then I do have a suggestion, next to the "New Posts" link, put a "My Posts" link.