Quantcast

Maxxis Highroller Duro question

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I'm interested in the Duro 50's and 60's. I know that the duro 50 is the softer one but by how much? How fast does it wear compared to the 60? Is it a race only tire? Gracias.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Dog Welder
I'm interested in the Duro 50's and 60's. I know that the duro 50 is the softer one but by how much? How fast does it wear compared to the 60? Is it a race only tire? Gracias.
Definitely.... I would only use the 50's for races and use the 60's for traning.....I have taken my 50's on a training ride and after one day at Anderson some of the knobs were almost gone ....save 'em for race day. JMO.....D

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Scottish. If its not Scottish its crap. Scottish. Remember they wore kilts, sold tartan stuff. "So I Married An Axe Murderer" has some classic Meyer's Scottish stuff.

R.T.

Chimp
Nov 23, 2001
Everywhere
60d is fine for all around stuff, if you are not limited to only the 50 and you want Maxxis for race only, go with a set of ST's if it's an option. I think are around a 42d. They wear real quick but do grip well, they should considering how soft they are. I'm waiting to try out a Michelin comp 32, supposedly God's gift to tires.