Quantcast

McAfee Privacy Service

The McAfee Privacy Service lets you decide, on a site-to-site basis, whether to accept cookies. The application displays a popup to ask if you want to accept or reject a cookie. Once rejected, it does not ask again.

I would like to see a list of rejected cookies, but can't figure out how to do so. Does anyone else know?

J

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
http://download.mcafee.com/products/manuals/en-us/MPS_UserGuide_2006.pdf

The User Guide indicates that there is an Accepted/Rejected cookies list.

Right click the McAfee icon, point to McAfee Privacy Service, and click Options. Click Rejected Cookies. There should be a list there that you can add or subtract from, so says Page 37 of the manual.

Haven't used the software, I just know McAfee has decent user guides so I went hunting :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry, no idea then. Last I knew McAfee had free online chat support, could try there.

Good luck in your search :clue:

After giving the .pdf a good review, the dealio seems to be this:

The application keeps its cookie info in an encrypted database and Toes not provide reporting on its contents. If, after telling it to disable cookies for a site, you want to re-enable tham, you must add the site's URL to the Accept Cookies Web Sites list on the Cookies tab.

I think that there are a grand total of three competent UI designers in the entire world.

I may wind up uninstalling the Privacy Service and just relying on SpyBot and Spyware Blaster.