Quantcast

Meat? Or....... Beer?

Meat? Or...... Beer

• Total voters

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
We have an 8 cu foot chest freezer that is currently holding some frozen vegetables and the remains of a side of pork that we purchased a few months ago and have been slowly eating. There are various butchers in town that we could easily purchase another side of something, generally pork, beef or lamb. Generally the cost comes out slightly better than purchasing individually, but it's not *that* great of a deal (for instance, sides of pork are around $2.00/pound, and purchased separately it's anywhere from $1.80-3.00/pound for the individual packages of bacon, ham, sausages, etc).

However.

I recently got into homebrewing, and some of my favorite beers are lagers (Oktoberfest, Bock/Dopplebock, Baltic Porter, etc) that would need someplace cooler than my basement to lager...

So, should I get another side of meat, or turn the freezer into a lagering device with a simple temperature controller?

(btw, for those who want BACON as a choice, just pick "meat", it's implied)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
buy a fridge for the basement/beer.

How cool is your basement?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
meat.....you should have outgrown the beer phase of your life already.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I know nothing about bourbon, but I venture to guess someone without a developed bourbon palate would want to start cheaper?
yeah.

i only drink every once in awhile and only buy a new bottle when i finish one.

it's hard to find a good liquor store.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Pappy is pretty good stuff, but it is definitely an acquired taste.

I stick with beer but should switch to scotch, it would help me loose weight.