Quantcast

"Medical Cannabis"

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
My friends who are potheads sit around and burn an eighth a day, go out and drink heavily every night, have bad eating habits, and do all kinds of other drugs. I know not all people who smoke are like this, but it doesn't exactly encourage a healthy lifestyle.
"Potheads" are people too. Just cause your friends who smoke are lame don't try to extend that generalization to others.

You would probably consider me a "pothead". I work a regular old 8 to 5. Three days a week I go to the gym and train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muy Tahi. I usually ride my bikes at least two days or get out skiing, windsurfing, or climbing. I eat pretty healthy, lots of salads and minimal processed foods.

At the end of the day I smoke a few bowls and have a beer or two. I also enjoy getting high before outdoor sports or video games :D

The people I know who smoke are just regular folks. Some are lazy some are not.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
"Potheads" are people too. Just cause your friends who smoke are lame don't try to extend that generalization to others.

You would probably consider me a "pothead". I work a regular old 8 to 5. Three days a week I go to the gym and train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muy Tahi. I usually ride my bikes at least two days or get out skiing, windsurfing, or climbing. I eat pretty healthy, lots of salads and minimal processed foods.

At the end of the day I smoke a few bowls and have a beer or two. I also enjoy getting high before outdoor sports or video games :D

The people I know who smoke are just regular folks. Some are lazy some are not.
No, I would consider the people I described as potheads to be potheads. I may not have worded that well, sorry about that. You seem like a normal, well rounded guy who happens to smoke a little weed. There's nothing wrong with that. I know people like that too. I don't have a problem with pot at all. It's the people who's lives revolve around getting high that bother me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, I would consider the people I described as potheads to be potheads. I may not have worded that well, sorry about that. You seem like a normal, well rounded guy who happens to smoke a little weed. There's nothing wrong with that. I know people like that too. I don't have a problem with pot at all. It's the people who's lives revolve around getting high that bother me.
Go play your banjo

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I'm glad I don't know you.

We clearly don't know the same people. My friends who are potheads sit around and burn an eighth a day, go out and drink heavily every night, have bad eating habits, and do all kinds of other drugs. I know not all people who smoke are like this, but it doesn't exactly encourage a healthy lifestyle.

And stoney, I'm in Boone, NC.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm glad I don't know you.

We clearly don't know the same people. My friends who are potheads sit around and burn an eighth a day, go out and drink heavily every night, have bad eating habits, and do all kinds of other drugs. I know not all people who smoke are like this, but it doesn't exactly encourage a healthy lifestyle.

And stoney, I'm in Boone, NC.
Sounds like your friends suck, more than anything else.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Anyone else don't care much if marijuana gets legalized, but would like the stoners to shut up about how weed cures all forms of cancer (not provides pain relief, that's different) and has more uses than oxyclean?

And yeah, every person that smokes weed always says they have like 10 doctor-lawyer friends that smoke up all the time. I just don't see that in the real world, but again, I don't have a problem legalizing it. Businesses won't buy off on it, but I think there are far more important things that we can use the "enforcement money" for in this country.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
In our country there is widespread abuse of all kinds of legal substances, including alcohol, food, OTC drugs, prescription drugs, etc. Some people abuse them, some don't.

Why is weed more dangerous than these substances? Didn't we learn anything from Prohibition? Why do we continue to fight this losing battle?

Make it legal, tax the beejebus out of it, and use the dough for regulation and abuse-prevention programs. It's only a matter of time.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It's the people who's lives revolve around getting high that bother me.
why should you worry about what other people choose to do? is it negatively effecting the way you live?
what about people who get drunk all the time or the drunk drivers that kill someone innocent person?

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
why should you worry about what other people choose to do? is it negatively effecting the way you live?
what about people who get drunk all the time or the drunk drivers that kill someone innocent person?
It doesn't negatively affect my life at all. But when I see people I grew up with blowing great opportunities because they'd rather get high it bothers me. And I don't get your reference to drunk driving..? I've lost multiple friends to it and theres nothing good about it.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
But when I see people I grew up with blowing great opportunities because they'd rather get high it bothers me.
Just out of curiosity - and as a non-smoker myself - don't you think these people might blow these opportunities regardless of whether or not they were high?

I mean, slackers will be slackers - the fact that they can smoke pot isn't going to change that.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
And I don't get your reference to drunk driving..? I've lost multiple friends to it and theres nothing good about it.
I think it was similar to the point I made: The fact that some people drive drunk and cause tragic accidents doesn't mean that outlawing alcohol is a workable solution.

Prohibition of alcohol failed. Prohibition of weed is also clearly failing. It's a losing battle we can't afford to keep fighting.

And it's not like legalization will result in a stoner apocalypse. Anyone who wants weed can find it pretty easily.

Last edited: