Quantcast

Merlin cycles, England

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Anyone ever order from them? How long does it generally take to receive an item on the east coast/west coast?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've ordered from them a few times, shipped quickly. It's been a couple of years since my last order so can't remember how long it took to reach the east coast.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Been using Merlin for close to 30 years.
Nothing but good things to report from them. good prices, fast delivery great customer service.. oh... and they build very good wheels.
No idea how long your stuff will take to arrive (unless you mean East Coast of Scotland. in which case next day if ordered early enough today). TBH it's not really down to Merlin how long orders take but whoever they use for shipping. I'm sure it'll say who somewhere on their website. if not. ask them.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
They'll be closed just now BTW. it's 8pm UK time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anyone ever order from them? How long does it generally take to receive an item on the east coast/west coast?
east coast, ordered multiple times. ship fast, and the orders come in a couple of days. Maybe a week? They're passed DHL usually to the post office on our coast. Never paid customs, (they never requested) and my items were all in good shape. A+++ good seller would provide reach around.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My experience was so so. It said I wouldn't get hit with a import tax and I did. Still a good deal for a frame, but their policy was not accurate.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
was it a frame or whole bike? I've heard of people getting hit with duty on whole bikes
Frame, and anything that is over $800 is supposed to get hit these days, but their site explicitly said it would not be hit. Don't remember how much the frame was, but around maybe $1700? Still a good deal for a 429SL at the time.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Fwiw, I think Merlin bicycles (frame manufacturer) is now owned by Colorado cyclists or some other retailer.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I always thought the UK Merlin was associated with the knights of the round table and Camelot and shit.

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
I always thought the UK Merlin was associated with the knights of the round table and Camelot and shit.
The queen doesn't have much need for a wizard these days, and he's got to make a living somehow.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Just bought a set of Hope E4s from Merlin and they got to Brisbane Australia in about 8 days. Happy with that. Will buy more shit from them in the future.