Quantcast

Mexican DH cup

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
I need to save this forum:nopity: , i know mexico is not part of south america anyways, the next round of the mexican dh cup will be held in Queretaro, its one of the nicest tracks in this country, two years ago Greg Minnar, David Vazques and Himar something came to try to win 2500 dlls i believe. Minnaar won, http://www.rhino-dh.com/dh/videomes.wmv here's a linkto a little video, its david vasquez.
In the last race, a few Baja riders came down for the first time as a team, actually two teams, and they kicked ass, i believe some of you know them they're VAN VICTOR,PABLO,KALID,CHORE Y JOSE ANGEL from team TNT, maybe some of you gringos would like to join them?
Cheers

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
keep it coming,

whats the race scedule down there?

i might be taking a summer vacation in july to mexico.

alex

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico

TERCERA FECHA NACIONAL

COPA MÉXICO DE DOWNHILL

13 – 14 DE MAYO’ 2006

PISTA “EL VUELO DEL ÁGUILA”

SAN ISIDRO EL ALTO, QUERÉTARO

qUER1.jpg

To get there:
When you find the Santa Rosa Jauregui road, go to your left hand and go up in the "MOMPANI" BRIDGE and there you go.

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
Copa Nacional

14 / May Dh-3 - Queretaro, Queretaro (pista El Vuelo Del Aguila)
25 / June Dh-4 - Calvillo, Aguascalientes (pista Los Adobes)
6 / August Dh-5 - Tepotzotlán, Edo. De Mexico (pista El Sendero Del Coyote)
24 / September Campeonato De Un Solo Dia - Ajusco, Distrito Federal (pista Panamericana)
22 / OctoberDh-6 - Monterey, Nuevo Leon (pista El Mirador)
Por Confirmar Festival Ciclismo De Gravedad - Ajusco, Distrito Federal (varias Pistas - Modalidades Dh, 4x, Ds, Fr, Dj)

I really recomend the fifth race, held on Tepotztlan, its nice although theres nothing else for you to see, i mean this race is in a small, ugly, kind of dangerous town, I would also suggest you to visit the track in monterrey, its close to Texas and is a great track.
If you are coming any other day than those in the DH calendar you can PM me and i could make arrangments so my friends over any town show you the place and recomend other places to visit.

d_c

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
sb
the Queretaro race might be the same course as when Minnaar went but it wont be the same payout.....$2500 US. that race is an invitational race put on by a very wealthy guy...i believe it was in April during sea otter. but none the less fast, fun course. Mex DH nats pay out around $500 US for pro purse (split amongst top 3) and also depending on whom promotes or orginizes the race.

very, very long drive ...i wouldnt advise on that. better if flying into D.F. and driving 4 hours north?

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
You'll loose those 100 for sure, some of my friends said this race was sh!t, times were so screwed i.e. a junior with both tires flat, made less time than some experts. If you ever come to Mexico and want to race just keep in mind that:
a) if you use the race's shuttle rig, your bike will end up as crap
b) you will pay just 250 pesos, about 27 dlls per race price includes insurance, might be a good thing if real paramedics were hired to help.
c) I don't know why in the name of god, having more than the 80% of our country covered my mountains and such, the organizers allways finds the way to have flat, almost uphill, parts in the track
d)people are really cool :) and love every moment of the race

If you ever come to Mexico, and happend to pass by Pachuca, Hidalgo or Cholula, Puebla, send me a mail and if you want a place to sleep, eat, get druk, i would help you