Quantcast

Michelin DH Tires - where to get them?

extrem

Chimp
Jan 29, 2009
Is there any e-shop (in Europe, if possible), that acually has Michelin DH 16 or/and 24 tires in stock? CRC has not them anymore and I didn't find them anywhere else.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
They will be almost impossible to find this season. They killed all production and sponsorship for 2009 and are designing an entire new line in a new factory for 2010.

Edit: beaten.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Like said no DH tires are being made right now due to changes. My source says we should to start seeing the new stuff and the possibility of purchase late August to early Sept. We all know how production dates change though.

Cecil

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
They will be almost impossible to find this season. They killed all production and sponsorship for 2009 and are designing an entire new line in a new factory for 2010.

Edit: beaten.
yesterday I got a press release from Giant and it said they were still sponsored by Michelin. Wonder where they are going to get tires...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
yesterday I got a press release from Giant and it said they were still sponsored by Michelin. Wonder where they are going to get tires...
Giant Dh or XC? As far as I know, XC isn't effected.

For DH, Probably the same way they had them last year, they hoarded them! They had a MEGA limited supply in the truck last year, so not surprised if they have the same thing this year. I remember it being almost impossible for some of their riders to get fresh tires.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Giant Dh or XC? As far as I know, XC isn't effected.

For DH, Probably the same way they had them last year, they hoarded them! They had a MEGA limited supply in the truck last year, so not surprised if they have the same thing this year. I remember it being almost impossible for some of their riders to get fresh tires.
both XC and DH. Jared Rando and Kurt Sorge are on the roaster.

Maybe they have a good supply of tires left from last year. That or they will be playing the Sharpie game ;)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
both XC and DH. Jared Rando and Kurt Sorge are on the roaster.

Maybe they have a good supply of tires left from last year. That or they will be playing the Sharpie game ;)
The DH team will still be on Michelin for 2009. They put aside enough for the Team when they found out they were stop making them for 2009. Giant and Michelin have had a long going partnership, and Michelin wanted to keep it that way.

Lucky for me I still have a lot of New Michelin Tires laying around, but I will be on another brand for 2009. First time on another brand in 12 years.

Cecil

Last edited:

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
jensonusa.com has dh24's in 2.2, and dh32's in 2.8.... not ideal sizes, but they have them

chainreactioncycles (UK) has dh24's and dh32's as well...

Last edited: