Quantcast

>>> Mid week Moar coffee GMT<<<

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Shaved my face for the first time in almost 3 months. The wifey was pretty shocked. Wow, my face feels so weird. :eek:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm having a bad day. Last weekend , I started the process of transfering my portfolio tracking spreadsheet into Morning Star. I am populating data back to 2012, as at that point in time I was ~90% cash due to acquiring funds for our home purchase and Wifey rolling over a 401k. Due to the feet dragging of her then employer, we ended up having to liquidate most of my IRA to get cash instead of pulling from her cash balance. At that point in time I was still heavily investing in biotech.

In populating MorningStar, I decided to pull up the current price on most of those positions. It was one of the worst ideas I have had in a long time. A couple blew up, but that's expected with biotech. However those that didn't for the most part went vertical. ALMN was bought at $32/share about a year ago. I had a $4000 position at $6.50 a share. ONXX was bought out at $125/share and my core position of $5000 was at $25/share. Between those two alone, $36k that I missed. I had both of those positions as long-term acquisition prospects.

While the house has appreciated roughly that amount, the fact that Wifey's company dragging ass forced me to take the funds from my IRA instead of hers, inadvertently cost me over $36k. At this point, there is no way in hell we will be changing our relationship from contractor to employee for them. We need to bleed them for all they are worth because of that loss.

On a side note, nothing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Mid week, I have some work to be doing but just not feeling it. I am dying to get to work on the boat and either get it fired up, or set it on fire. Not sure which at this point, but it doesn't look like I will get a chance to put it in the water this weekend because of work that needs to be done around the house.

Then again it only takes about an hour to hook up, drive and drop. I'm just not sure if I want to leave it on the trailer and try it or actually unload it and see if I can't get it going on the open water. I guess I could always just try to go upstream from the doc rather than follow the current out.

#firstworldproblems indeed.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning Monkeys.

Mid week, I have some work to be doing but just not feeling it. I am dying to get to work on the boat and either get it fired up, or set it on fire. Not sure which at this point, but it doesn't look like I will get a chance to put it in the water this weekend because of work that needs to be done around the house.

Then again it only takes about an hour to hook up, drive and drop. I'm just not sure if I want to leave it on the trailer and try it or actually unload it and see if I can't get it going on the open water. I guess I could always just try to go upstream from the doc rather than follow the current out.

#firstworldproblems indeed.
Just remember, it may sound great in the driveway, but run like **** when it is in the water

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just remember, it may sound great in the driveway, but run like **** when it is in the water
Oh, don't I know from Saturday. :rofl:

I will likely keep the cowl off so I can adjust it in the water. I was reading it should be at about 650rpm in gear at idle in the water, so I will shoot for that. Man, I have learned so much in the last week. And to think I THOUGHT I was just going to drop this bitch in the water and go flat out...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yo.
it's wednesday. I just realized i forgot to pull the flank steak outta the freezer. ****.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went out at lunch to grab, well, lunch. PETA was out protesting. Two girls in a tub with bubbles, and what appeared to be no clothes on. It's 17°F out right now. I know I know :picsstfu:, but I didn't want to be "that guy".

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went out at lunch to grab, well, lunch. PETA was out protesting. Two girls in a tub with bubbles, and what appeared to be no clothes on. It's 17°F out right now. I know I know :picsstfu:, but I didn't want to be "that guy".
I like the sound of this protest.

I'm at the VA another week and a half. Busy reading studies, with a biopsy this afternoon to mix things up. I hope they're not a bleeder. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
death in the family...

brothers audi will more than likely get totaled.

box truck rolled back at a stop light into the front end....first estimate....5,000....second...3500....bluebook value around 3300...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sorry all. Had temporary relapse of judgement. Besides, I have my custom title now...
:rofl: At least you were able to delete it. Last time I posted something that ended up being a bad idea I had to PM people who quoted it to delete theirs as well since it seems to persist once quoted despite my deletion.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Sure hope you didn't post that screed from a work computer.
I would be mighty shocked if anyone was able to dig up traces of that from the company IT records. If it's any consolation, in response to 'woo's allegations of booty-grinding, B pleads partially guilty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:rofl: At least you were able to delete it. Last time I posted something that ended up being a bad idea I had to PM people who quoted it to delete theirs as well since it seems to persist once quoted despite my deletion.
Welcome to the stoney98 login...