Quantcast

>>>Middle and the end<<<

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Shit day, a smarter company palmed a job off to us which I thought was odd as their head mech seemed pretty good.
I wasn't involved in diagnosis but I got dragged in to it because I said their diagnosis was wrong, finished at 6:15pm hahaha!
That'll learn me, damn flappy gums.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey frends!

Have an interview presentation on Thursday and after that, another interview with a micro startup. They have been real weird with their requests and emails...not freaky weird, but usually people are like "Can you think and talk, while occasionally breathing, at the same time" rather than "Tell me how you would innovate through current industry trends". It's a neat challenge and I'm game for it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

In the office today, welcome to paradise baby!

Wife had a small breakdown last night because she "never has any time or does anything for herself". Of course, she also has no hobbies to occupy said time, even if she had it. I'm always encouraging her to take time for herself but there's only so much you can do.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy day. Haley's back from outdoor ed this afternoon, so we might just burn everything that went with her... I got the bill for the motor last night. Just the motor. Not the mount or spares or dyno or miscellany, just the motor. I should sell more stuff that the girls have grown out of...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Work, coffee, etc etc

Weather looks superb for the ride tonight.
View attachment 203632

Sucks if anyone owns one of those. I'm shopping for insurance now and some of those vehicles have a default "this will cost you an extra $500/yr" disclaimer written out.
pretty similar here:
1700059070085.png

but I've been battling back pain for the past 8 days, and it's only just getting better. Tomorrow's ride night and my buddies want to do a pretty epic ride. I'm not sure I'm up for a big ride with lots of climbing... I guess I'll wait and see how I'm feeling tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
pretty similar here:
View attachment 203633
but I've been battling back pain for the past 8 days, and it's only just getting better. Tomorrow's ride night and my buddies want to do a pretty epic ride. I'm not sure I'm up for a big ride with lots of climbing... I guess I'll wait and see how I'm feeling tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:
Ah that is bummer - with the epic being planned and just getting better, that could be risky, wouldn't want to set it back further!

I've ran into similar situations with our group - feel like crap or something on ride night and they are full throttle. I will sometimes just detour and go do my own thing - as long as we all meetup at the same spot after for those beverages. :thumb:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well here is a new one at work. :rofl:

Earlier this year we created a new disaster recovery plan for a very small engineering office.

Now one of these compliance people want us to test the new recovery plan. Okay great, I booked sometime with key people to do a recovery drill. This will be the first test and I'm sure the very first time some (if not all) the people involved have actually opened and read the thing.

Now I just got a message saying the compliance person doesn't want us to do a drill, they want us to do a full blown "lets pull the plugs and test" run through of the plan.

My response:
1700062720492.png

We haven't even done a drill and you want to light the place on fire? :rofl::rofl: Now I'm added to a meeting later today to voice my concerns. It'll be short when I say "nope, this should not and will not be done. Or do it, but I'm not involved". I don't think they understand what they're asking for.

Anyways, time for moar coffee.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

Earlier this year we created a new disaster recovery plan for a very small engineering office.

Now one of these compliance people want us to test the new recovery plan. Okay great, I booked sometime with key people to do a recovery drill. This will be the first test and I'm sure the very first time some (if not all) the people involved have actually opened and read the thing.

Now I just got a message saying the compliance person doesn't want us to do a drill, they want us to do a full blown "lets pull the plugs and test" run through of the plan.

My response:
View attachment 203635

We haven't even done a drill and you want to light the place on fire? :rofl::rofl: Now I'm added to a meeting later today to voice my concerns. It'll be short when I say "nope, this should not and will not be done. Or do it, but I'm not involved". I don't think they understand what they're asking for.

del *.*

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

My response:
View attachment 203635

:panic:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hey-o

driving down to hotlanta to give a talk tonight. gonna stop in athens on the way and see one of my shows there and have lunch with a colleague.
you can't zoom call that shit?

about 10 hours of driving hell round trip...i hope you are staying the night.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

My response:
View attachment 203635

JHFC. You're smart telling them to fuck off.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
tires acquired, lunch consumed. time to respond to the email, address my presentation, then install tires and lose all of my free time to kid duties.