Quantcast

Minute 3 problem.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
On my personal Minute 3, in the 5" setting it only gets 4". In the 4" setting it only gets 3".

I let the air out of the fork on both sides and still get the same results. What could it be?

The only thing I can think of is too much oil from the factory.

Anyone?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by Jesus
On my personal Minute 3, in the 5" setting it only gets 4". In the 4" setting it only gets 3".

I let the air out of the fork on both sides and still get the same results. What could it be?

The only thing I can think of is too much oil from the factory.

Anyone?
did you check axle to crown or exposed stanchion?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Exposed stanction.

At full bottom there is still about 1" of stanction left.

ah that narrows it down, is there any way you can eliminate the spring or damper and compresss it to see which side it is that is keeping the fork from fully compressing?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
It's air on both sides.
wow the minute is a lot more of a new fork design than what i thought it was then, did you solve the problem anyway?

whats under the top caps? maybe you can undo them one at a time and see if you still cant bottom it out proper and then find out what side it is thats causing it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You *might* want to check the level of semi-bath oil. I know that I've seen Dorados act this way if they were over-filled with lubricating oil. Dunno what's with the Minute, but I assume it's a similar arrangement to most Manitou forks. Then again, it's right-side up, so it might not behave like the Dorado.

MD