Quantcast

Mixed drinks: what have you been having lately?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Lately, I've been drinking caipirinhas, which I enjoy because they are easy to make and pretty much always taste decent. For a while, I was trying Fernet Branca with various things (mostly just Coke, because, well, it tastes best in it). I'm not a terribly sophisticated or demanding drinker, but I like trying new things.

Just looking for some new ideas or variations on old ones (i.e. I'm not looking for beer or scotch recommendations- I have plenty of that).

Anyone?

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
Peel, cut and cube 1 pineapple, put it in a bowl and pour in 1 litre of vodka (nothing fancy) soak overnight at room temp. Strain the next day (eat the pineapple chunks if your feeling giddy- they tend to taste like burning). Add 2 parts vodka mixture to 1 part Nectarine (sp?) juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and serve in a martini glass- delicious and nutritious!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Peel, cut and cube 1 pineapple, put it in a bowl and pour in 1 litre of vodka (nothing fancy) soak overnight at room temp. Strain the next day (eat the pineapple chunks if your feeling giddy- they tend to taste like burning). Add 2 parts vodka mixture to 1 part Nectarine (sp?) juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and serve in a martini glass- delicious and nutritious!
Whew. Both sound like they might burn a bit. I've been meaning to try the boozeed up fruit thing, though.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i'm a fan of the tequila sunrise.

a bit of tequila, fill up the rest with orange juice, put in a little grenadine and you got yourself one good drink, especially if you make it with patron silver.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
We've been enjoying Pama lately - last night we had Pama Mojitos, and later for sipping I had a pama martini (don't think traditional martini, but more like a cosmo fruity thing for girlies).

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Margaritas, Jack & Ginger ale or Jack & fresh squeezed lemonade. Everything else is bourbon on the rocks for us :D
How about that Pomegranate liquor you had at your house? That mixed with vodka was especially tasty, though I might just have been drunk.

Years ago I filled a pineapple with spiced rum and had a great time finishing that off. Sadly the amount of citrus you consume really hurts the mouth.

Other than that, I go pretty simple on the mixed drinks. Typically match up a juice or two with vodka or rum.

Beer is where it is at though.

The Ito

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I have been occationally drinking a Cranberry Splash when not sipping scotch...

2 parts cranberry juice
1 part Malibu Rum (coconut flavor)
1 part club soda

serve over ice in a tall glass w/a lime...

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
How about that Pomegranate liquor you had at your house? That mixed with vodka was especially tasty, though I might just have been drunk.

Years ago I filled a pineapple with spiced rum and had a great time finishing that off. Sadly the amount of citrus you consume really hurts the mouth.

Other than that, I go pretty simple on the mixed drinks. Typically match up a juice or two with vodka or rum.

Beer is where it is at though.

The Ito
If you've got the pomegranet liquor - you've got Pama! Make a Pama martini - or better yet a Pama mojito (really awesome twist on a delicious summer drink).

Get your fresh mint - crush it with a teaspoon or two of sugar and the juice of one fresh squeezed lime. Add 1oz good white rum and 1oz Pama (or pomegranate liquor) - mixy mixy....
Then - in a tall collins, strain your mint-salad mixture over ice so your drink doesn't end up looking like a salad, but you get all the flavors, fill to the top with club soda.
add a straw, garnish with a wedge of lime and a couple decorative mint leaves. enjoy!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Last night I had an Americano (not that one, the other one)- Campari, sweet vermouth and top off with club soda. I was using an orange for garnish and squeezing a bit of juice into the drink. Tried it after adding a few oz of orange juice and it was good too. Refreshing.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
I'm usually a beer guy, but have been drinking a dark and stormy a couple times a week lately. The Whole Foods house-brand ginger ale and Appleton Estates rum is real close to what we enjoyed on our honeymoon on Jamaica's southern coast.
Dark and Stormys are delicious. If you can get Reeds Extra Ginger- Ginger Beer ( a super spicey ginger ale) it makes for a very tastey summer beverage.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Raspberry martini
1 part rasp vodka
1 part triple sec
splash of lime juice

stir or shake, however you roll
pour in glass
drink

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
On the 4th and on 6th of JulyI had Vodka and Hawaiian fruit punch because I was to lazy to go and get OJ.

Not bad.

When I go to CO I will once again experiment with whiskey.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I'm usually a beer guy, but have been drinking a dark and stormy a couple times a week lately. The Whole Foods house-brand ginger ale and Appleton Estates rum is real close to what we enjoyed on our honeymoon on Jamaica's southern coast.
Have you tried that with a bit of fresh lime squeezed into it? Could be worth a go........

Lately I've been drinking CC&dry. Canadian Club dry ginger ale with lime. :cheers: =:happydance: