Quantcast

***MLK GMT***

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
View attachment 127602
50 years ago today franklin came to town.....;
Even though I am not old enough to recall the strip when it came out, the way Schulz seamlessly integrated (For lack of a better term...) Franklin into the strip always struck a chord with me. He wasnt a black kid, he was just a kid, and the way the other characters accepted him speaks volumes. People are people, and if they are cool, thats enough. If they are dicks, then they are dicks.

Strange white stuff starting to fall here. At first I thought it fall out from Hawaii getting nuked, but now I am told it is something else...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
So, so close to calling it quits and going home. I have explained the same point to someone multiple times, made charts that require no thought to parse out, sent emails AND spoken on the phone (remote contractor), and they still can't connect the dots. Dafuq is so hard about this?!?! :rant:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
]
So, so close to calling it quits and going home. I have explained the same point to someone multiple times, made charts that require no thought to parse out, sent emails AND spoken on the phone (remote contractor), and they still can't connect the dots. Dafuq is so hard about this?!?! :rant:
Pee poles are dumb

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
try a doodle in MS paint

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

I for one, can't wait to see what horribly offensive and completely out of touch bullshit the President* says about minorities today!
if you have thought aurora is a shithole....you're probably racist....:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Syd kicked ass at her team meet yesterday. Found out (after the meet) that she was the only level 5 girl on the team to have her scores counted...she was really proud! Today she celebrated by getting braces put on. It's cold again today and I have a headache. That is all!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Beat the ever living piss out of the snow machine. I took the new one with the hand warmers. Went straight instead of turning a few times. New machines are fast and light. Easy to get off the trailer, easy to turn, and raw power to boot. Saw a gaggle of Grouse. Lots of grouse this year. I have no idea why....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There is an IT architect at our company that sends me a spreadsheet with this: "Please review this list of ports to block"

I ask for clarification and get this: "Everything would be blocked except for what is in the spreadsheet"

Aaaaaaaaaand... now one of my colleagues has created a SPREADSHEET to track who is on call so that she doesn't have to login to the utility which maintains the on-call schedule.

:think::twitch::wait::hmm::disgust1::rant:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hate being on call. The worst was when I worked tech support for Fanuc CNC controls. I'd get calls from people working 3rd shift and would just ask silly questions because they were bored and didn't have anyone to talk to.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bicycles were ridden in -13c, that's 9 whole freedums. Snowing with a couple of inches of powder on the ground, slightly different to the 60+ freedums yesterday.

20180115_123909_resized.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did over 10 miles with a friend on frozen trails SE of Boston, in 13-15F. That was great.
Since we are boasting about out idiotic jobs, I am "running" a fresh new product where 5 (!) different executives hooked to the budget have completely varying vested interest and personal agendas, none of those leading to a product that should exist at all. My boss just wants to be a good soldier in all this and make friends with everyone. FTS, the 2017 bonus gets paid in March, I don't give a crap about anything else at this point.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rode in blissful 32 freedum units and sun, which meant sections in the sun were starting to melt and get drifty...hit the table jumpline for fun on the way out...

removed christmas ballz from trees in the front yard and cleaned up house. first new to me bike in 8 years is finally en route. stoked.

will work on a freelance essay tonight and try to get to bed before the single digit hours set in...

life is good.

carry on.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
rode in blissful 32 freedum units and sun, which meant sections in the sun were starting to melt and get drifty...hit the table jumpline for fun on the way out...

removed christmas ballz from trees in the front yard and cleaned up house. first new to me bike in 8 years is finally en route. stoked.

will work on a freelance essay tonight and try to get to bed before the single digit hours set in...

life is good.

carry on.
Whudja git ?

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
My toaster oven scares me. Was heating up pizza and then garlic twists and set the timer too long. Heated pizza first then twists. Nothing happend while switching them, but after i removed the twists, i was trying to figure out how to stop the timer. Went for the instructions and timer turned itself off. I think i have a toastergeist.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
More dentist than my new to me bike.
but you’ve had two “new to me” bikes in the past two years by my count...versus my one bike to rule them all for 8 years...there’s maths and ratios in there somewheres...plus i’m pretty sure i’m gonna run this on 26” in the high setting for a while to counter the dental units...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
but you’ve had two “new to me” bikes in the past two years by my count...versus my one bike to rule them all for 8 years...there’s maths and ratios in there somewheres...plus i’m pretty sure i’m gonna run this on 26” in the high setting for a while to counter the dental units...
26" boost wheels? The universe is going to implode.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You can count?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Less than a year actually. The Scott is to replace my xc hardtail which I can sadly no longer ride due back issues.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So much win.

Dispatch forgot it was MLK day and scheduled the normal amount of drivers and riders from the adult day programs. The programs were shut for the holiday. Too many drivers and 1/2 the riders, I got asked if i wanted to go home early....hell yes. I went out for a nice evening 20 mile recovery ride on the road bike (legs are beat up from riding dirt all weekend).