Quantcast

moab - fruita - junction - purple parts

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
We have come a long way from the deer in the headlights attitude our first trip to moab, it's nice when you begin to know the 'spots' and this trip we did it right...really hit the trails less ridden (except for porcy) which is always a must.

5 days - 2 rides per day...lots of food and beer...you get the idea...good stuff

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
Great Pics, looks like a blast. Haven't been to Moab in years, Clearly gotta get back out there.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I just got back from Moab sunday night. Great riding. The only thing that sucked was the wind. It was hella windy. Sketchy as eff on the slickrock trail. It also sucked because there was a huge crosswind when we rode Porky.

There was a humongous car show going on while we were there. Tons of cool cars. I couldn't believe some of the cars that were there.

We stayed at the Hostel. Holy effen ghetto. That kinda sucked. Won't be staying there again.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Riding Jacksons was the worst trail decision I ever made in Moab. The first half mile was fun, but after that, the penalty for missing a turn was too high (no desire to fall down and into the Colorado). Was it in better shape this year?
Jacksons is that way, lots of exposure. Despite that, it's one of my favorite trails in Moab. As long as you're on your game, then it's super steep, super exposed and really fun.

Note: don't try this trail in the dark, by the time we got back to the car, those purple pedals up there were glowing.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Riding Jacksons was the worst trail decision I ever made in Moab. The first half mile was fun, but after that, the penalty for missing a turn was too high (no desire to fall down and into the Colorado). Was it in better shape this year?
wow your nuts, it is one of the hidden gems of moab, a classic moab style trail. One word of advice, there are other more exposed trails in moab, so if that type of thing freaks you out dont go for them.

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
Jacksons is that way, lots of exposure. Despite that, it's one of my favorite trails in Moab. As long as you're on your game, then it's super steep, super exposed and really fun.

Note: don't try this trail in the dark, by the time we got back to the car, those purple pedals up there were glowing.
When it's dark you just forget about the drop into the colorado!

Jackson's is definitely one of the best trails in Moab...the views, fast in some spots, super tech in others...good stuff. They need to work on the outlet though....

Aug 12, 2009
Asheville, NC
Sweet pics!!! I'm planning a trip out to CO next year and hoping to hit the Grand Junction/Fruita area!
Glad you made sure to strap in the beer! ;)
Certain things are important!